Duskfire Glacier free of questions
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
looking for wild fauna characters, specifically !! plz and thx

The world was changing.

Each day was gradually becoming colder than the last—each day offered less light. Aningan did not understand this change, not fully, knowing only that it made him antsy. He wanted to run free, to glide across the land as if he’d sprouted wings overnight, but something held him there. He oftentimes believed it was his siblings, the thought of leaving them or never seeing them again damn near traumatising. Despite that, he still ventured away from them each day; he always went back, he never left them entirely, but he’d made a habit of putting literal distance between himself and them as his curiosity pulled him into trouble.

Today, Aningan was drawn farther from the small area he knew as  home than usual. Nothing looked familiar, nor were the scents something he could easily decipher—there was so much to smell! Feeling relatively at ease, surprisingly, the child marched on with his tail sticking straight up in the air and his ears rotating back and forth—much like little radars—focusing on everything he could.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
2 Posts
Ooc — lauren
sup karen

it was hard to miss the small child that tromped loudly through the underbrush, pinecone tail raised proudly above his flat hips, and long ears busier than a bee in the spring.

nithreus fastened the boy a curious look; he was young and nearly the same size as her. she assumed a parent would be nearby and poked her little nose into the air in loud, breathy sniffs. finding nothing incriminating, the small creature folded into a sitting position and drew her plush tail about her feet, studying the boy quietly.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
yo yo yo, mojo jojo

At some point, his nose was drawn to the ground like a hound following a trail for the first time in its life. He sniffed everything that crossed his path, not a single stone left untouched by the tip of his snout. There were so many different scents, some he recognised entirely and others he thought he knew, but the majority were new and exciting. One scent in particular led him to stray from his original path, a little voice in the back of his head insisting that he follow it; instincts were a natural thing to be bestowed with, after all, though he’d yet to fully tap into his own.

The strength of the musk gradually increased, which tickled his nares, causing him to sneeze several times in a row. By the time he’d finished he was no longer staring at the ground but, instead, at a... puppy? Aningan poked his nose in the fox’s direction and inhaled deeply, testing the air to see if he could idenifty her—but he couldn’t. Cocking his head to the side, the young northerner uttered a soft, “Who...?” in his potential buddy’s direction.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
2 Posts
Ooc — lauren
the pale youth moved among the grass like a white mist, drifting here and there without lull in his purpose. he seemed to be stalking something, and after wavering around appeared to have found a scent and followed with with instinctive cunning.

she startled as he sneezed; and then sneezed again, and again -- yet as he finally came upon her and laid his eyes on her form she was subdued again, her bright orange eyes meeting his with silent confidence. "who what?" she yipped, her long triangular ears pressed adorably forward.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was something rather peculiar about the suspected pup, from the markings that adorned her features to the way her ears appeared. Aningan had never seen someone quite like her before, making him rightfully curious. With a tilt of his head and several daring steps forward, he aimed to prod her with his nose and answer, “You!” Whether he managed to gently jab her with his nose or not, he’d still retreat a few steps afterwards.

“Who’re you?” he clarified, words thick with an accent that’d make his namesake proud. Kimmiagulak? was his next question, though his speech slipped as he found himself speaking phrases far more familiar to him than the common tongue.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele had been in the pack for a while and still had yet to meet Shivali's pups. They were a surprise to him as she hadn't mentioned any kids when they had met at the river, but he understood why. As he walked through the territory he came upon a pup interacting with a fox. Slowly he came up behind Anningan. He felt a bit awkward letting the pup be by himself with someone that was a stranger.

"Hello Young one" Steele said, his voice was deep and rumbled from the depths of his throat. Maybe he should have been more soft toward a small pup. Regretting the way he greeted him a smile came upon his face to show he was no threat. "What are you doing by yourself?" he asked curiously, learning from his mistake the first time and softening the sound of his voice.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Footfalls broke the silence behind him, drawing his attention away from the peculiar pup and onto the stranger; it was a brief shift of his eyes but, sadly, it’d taken just long enough to allow the fox to slip from sight. Frowning, Aningan stared at the spot that she once was before redirecting his gaze to the other male, at whom his glance of curiosity morphed into a direct glare. He’d frightened off the other pup, after all—and just when the young Apaata had decided to try and make a friend outside of his siblings!

Sungituk! he shot back, frustration evident. Simmering, he pulled his ears back as he continued to glare, adding, “I wasn’t by myself until you got here.” Clearly, he was distraught over the getaway of the fox. So much so that he did not realise that he still was not alone.
142 Posts
Ooc —
As the pup turned it was a hard glare at the brute, what a hard crowd. He wasn't sure what to do now that he had seemed to make him a bit mad. Then he had talked in the language Steele had yet to learn but it seemed... harsher than what he had expected a pup to talk. For a moment he just stared at Aningan in disbelief like he had yet to know what to say after that. 

"Calm down little one" he finally spoke softly. This time it was a smoother voice and a little higher toned, seemingly perfect for a pup. He took a paw and patted him on the head twice, the friend that was with Aningan had left. "Where is the adult that is watching you?" he asked again in hopes that maybe he would give him a direction.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Not only had the stranger told him to calm down but, immediately thereafter, he’d patted the child—what? Aningan’s fur bristled and he took several steps back, removing himself from within reaching distance of the older male; he was an Apaata, after all, stubborn and not so easily controlled by those he had no respect for. He did not want to be touched, nor did he see any reason as to why he would be—who went around tapping children they didn’t even know? Was that a thing? He certainly hoped not.

“No one’s watching me,” he shot back. “I don’t need to be watched.” Life wouldn’t be an adventure if he had someone constantly breathing down his neck. Besides, no one ever bothered to watch after the eldest boy—they either didn’t care or didn’t think him to need a shadow.