Heron Lake Plateau I'm working on my backwards walk, walking with no shoes or socks.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven hated the idea. For a fleeting selfish moment, she felt like all of her allies were dropping like flies around her. Finley had ditched her, now Towhee. But she pushed that thought away, recognizing it for the ridiculousness it was. Towhee could barely get around, much less handle the responsibilities of leadership in a pack as large and rapidly-changing as theirs. Despite her unwillingness to relent, she felt compassion and understanding flood through her and she sighed, her shoulders slumping.

"I wish you would reconsider," she replied after a few beats, her golden eyes lingering on Towhee's travel-worn forepaws before lifting to her face. "But I get it. And I wouldn't want to force you to do anything that didn't feel right for you." A flicker of a smile touched her lips -- a sign to her sister that it was okay. She knew Towhee wouldn't quit on her. The younger Redhawk's work ethic and dedication hadn't flagged in the least since she abdicated the alpha position, and Raven knew that that would continue to remain the case now, too. Niamh had some big shoes to fill if the consensus was indeed that she should be promoted in Towhee's place.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm working on my backwards walk, walking with no shoes or socks. - by Raven - September 27, 2018, 08:43 PM