Heron Lake Plateau is meatball an fruit
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Bat's full-grown, just for reference! :)

If Tegan hadn't already described Raven to her, Bat might've thought the she-wolf who appeared must be her aunt; her coat looked quite a lot like Wildfire's. For this very reason, the youngster shifted uncertainly. Another wolf appeared before Bat could dwell on the uncanny resemblance too much, her coat so striking that Bat stared openly for a beat before remembering to avert and lower her gaze appropriately.

They were Ceara and Caiaphas, according to the way Tegan addressed them in turn. Bat's ears pricked at the latter name, recognizing it, of course, from the mission. As her companion relayed the information he had learned from Rosalyn, Bat kept shooting quick glances at the two new (to her) Redhawks. The uneasiness caused by Ceara's pelt quickly gave way to curiosity and interest in what would hopefully be future comrades.

Although it seemed a little awkward to interrupt Tegan's tale, Bat took advantage of a brief pause to chime in, "It's nice to meet you," and then elaborated a bit on her friend's introduction by adding, "Wildfire is my mother—well, one of them. Um." Her mind blanked suddenly and Bat mentally fumbled for a moment before remembering the introduction she'd rehearsed. "She gave me her blessing to move here to be Tegan's apprentice. He," she continued, giving Tegan a playful jab with her elbow, "says there's room for me, if my Aunt Raven and Uncle Quixote could use another scout."

The brief contact with her friend's warmth went a long way to settle her unexpected nerves. Bat said nothing more, yet offered a winsome smile. She felt confident in her debut, although she knew she would probably have to repeat herself for the Alphas. That was absolutely fine; this was good practice.
Messages In This Thread
is meatball an fruit - by Bat - September 21, 2018, 08:24 AM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Fire - September 21, 2018, 09:27 AM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Caiaphas - September 21, 2018, 09:37 AM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Tegan - September 21, 2018, 10:12 AM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Bat - September 21, 2018, 10:31 AM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Fire - September 22, 2018, 11:20 PM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Caiaphas - September 23, 2018, 08:03 PM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Tegan - September 23, 2018, 09:03 PM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Quixote - September 23, 2018, 11:06 PM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Bat - September 24, 2018, 08:20 AM
RE: is meatball an fruit - by Fire - September 25, 2018, 09:50 PM