Bearclaw Valley it smells like guilt and Chanel No. 5
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 

After Lucas disappeared, Piper had taken it upon herself to become the most helpful person of her family. She spent her free time searching for her brother, monitoring the borders for signs of creeps who didn’t belong, and trying to narrow down her hunting skills. In doing so, Piper had distanced herself from Marten and Nuna. It was something that had happened without her realizing it.

The Redleaf girl was feeling the pang of loss much harder than she had before. She roamed around the den site with an eye trained to the looming grey clouds overhead. Feeling alone, Piper began to search for Marten to see what kind of trouble he was finding himself in.
120 Posts
Ooc —
was marten really half a year old? it didn't feel like it, not to him and certainly not to his writer. he was still pretty childish, unfortunately, but in a good way. marten still had the largest imagination you could imagine but he wasn't such a little twerp. he was quite lovable, in my opinion-- the biggest sweetheart.

marten typically stuck to the innards of the territory, observing and tending to wildlife-- flora and fauna. well.. that was about it. marten wondered what else he could do to help the pack, since taking care of rupert (who still lived and breathed under marten's expert care) wasn't exactly... uhh, beneficial to the pack. marten didn't do much border patrol, but he thought about it. his mama and dad were so good at that stuff, maybe he would be too! so he took to them, spotting piper right away. he didn't see much of piper often, but he didn't think much of it. marten tended to assume the best of others-- he assumed she was just busy all the time and-- look! he was so right!

"hey! pipes!" he called out, picking up his pace to a swift trot to greet her, "are you patrolling?" 
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Marten's voice met her, and Piper immediately slowed her pace to a crawl so that he could close the space between them. Her head swung around to lock onto his features. She smiled, flagging her tail in a welcoming manner to show that she was more than pleased to see him. As he drew closer, he asked if she was out on a patrol. The girl wondered if she should mention that she was searching for Lucas, or if it was best to lie to her brother and try not to dampen the good mood he carried with him. Piper wasn't very good at following common sense. More often than not, what she thought was something that would swiftly fall from her lips.

“I'm actually looking to see if there are any signs of Lucas, or someone who might have seen him,” she responded with a confident nod of her head. “Would you like to come with me?” Piper then invited; she enjoyed the little amounts of time that she got to spend with Marten. He was joyful and sweet, and she had always been fond of him. There was something to be said for the boy's willingness.
120 Posts
Ooc —
oh. marten was sad to hear piper mention lucas-- but what could be said? marten didn't offer anything except a small nudge to the shoulder, and nodded as brightly as he could. "yeah," he agreed with a smile, "got any trails? you've got a real sharp nose." marten did too, but he didn't use it for much.

WORLDS SHORTEST POST
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
I love short posts.

“Thanks Marty,” she returned to him with a swift smile and a bump of her frame against his own.

The question that had been presented was one that was challenging for her. Even though she had a good nose, her brother had done well at leaving very little behind. He had been venturing out further and further before his disappearance, and at first she had thought that he simply wandered too far and had to spend the night somewhere else. When the rain had come the next day and washed Lucas' scent away, that's when she found herself growing worried.

“I smelled him a little in the meadow outside the pack. I know that my aunt Indra took him to visit the pack next door. Maybe he went there? We can go check!” she said, growing gradually more inspired the more she worked through her brother's former whereabouts. Perhaps her chat with Marten was exactly what she needed.
120 Posts
Ooc —
marten's head tilted as he contemplated the idea. it made plenty of sense to him, but he didn't really know much. unless it regarded rupert, marten knew a lot about rupert. and any other secret pets he had stowed away-- i mean, come on, there were probably more. 

"i think that's a good place to start," he returned with a nod and a wave of his tail. secretly, marten figured that if he was just in the meadow over, he would've returned by now. but, as he'd said, it was a good place to start. and then he butted gently at her shoulder. "let's go!!" 
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
It would have made sense that if Lucas had wandered to the meadow next to their pack, or even to the pack behind them, he would have returned home by now. He should have returned home by now. Piper wasn't altogether sold on the idea that he simply left. It didn't make sense that a happy child with a loving family would just walk away one day without a word. The Redleaf girl was convinced that someone had taken him and he needed to be found. It was up to them to get the first hints and after that, it would all be easy.

Piper smiled and began to set out at a steady trot. She was eager to see if she and Marten could find some sort of clue while they were out there, even though she scoured their pack lands a hundred times or more in the same attempt. As she trotted, she turned her attention to Marten and offered him a grateful smile. “What have you been up to?” she decided to try to strike up while they walked.