Blacktail Deer Plateau And then I’ll come back down to you
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
All Welcome 
Elixir had felt proud, she now had two trades that she had worked hard for and well not to toot her own horn but felt as though she was pretty good at. With a small smile on her face she made her way to the stream. The cold day was perfect for a gulp of quenching water so she could walk around and check on the plants within the territory. Usually she would only check them once or twice a week but this was her third time, she was beginning to feel quite fond of the green life. 

As she neared the stream she dropped her head and lapped up some water. Droplets that failed to make it in her mouth fell from her chin and exploded on the ground. A soft and relieved sigh came after she swallowed the ice cold water. After getting her fill she turned to head toward her favorite bushes, the berries. That’s where she always started out. The juicy fruit was gone for the year but she still like to check on them just to see if anything is harming them. Her tail swayed as she walked.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The healer had spent the morning patrolling, relieved that at least they would have no more bear encounters soon. She'd made it a habit to watch their borders even more intensely after Shardik's attack for fear the brute might return. With the coming winter, the large predators would soon go into hibernation and the leader wouldn't have to worry about them until spring. 

Once she'd finished her rounds and assured herself that all was well in their home, the Alpha turned towards the center of the plateau. Her paws thudded against the ground steadily, loping for the sheer joy of it - just because she could. The world flashed by in a blur of greens and browns, the white trunks of the birch trees the only break in the swirl of colors. 

Liri slowed as she neared the stream, quenching her parched throat as she caught her breath. The Alpha's head raised as she finished, catching sight of Elixir's dark form in the distance. 

With a wagging tail, the healer trotted to her friend with a soft chuff, for it had been a moment since she'd talked to Elixir one on one.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir had not noticed Liri but as she grew closer to her the scent had filled her nose. Her ears perked and she turned her head back her paws stopped in place almost instantly. “Hello!” She said happily as always. Nothing in the world made her more happy than being in the midst of a conversation with someone. That was especially Liri, who seemed like she was an exceptional conversationalist. 

A small smile crept upon her lips. “How have you been?” She asked softly wondering how she had been since they last had an interaction. She couldn’t remember the last time but was sure it wasn’t too long ago, maybe.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri had always enjoyed making friends. She'd been a lonely child who had grown into a philosophical woman that found the greatest meaning in those relationships around her. She had lost any semblance of family and so created one of her own. Elixir - who seemed consistently bubbly and cheerful - was often a relief to the healer. She was more like a sister with each passing day, and less a friend. 

The healer padded to the dark bird's side, brushing her freckled crown against Elixir's shoulder affectionately by way of greeting. 

The Delta's question nearly halted her, for the fae was unsure if the naturalist knew of the drama that had erupted amongst the leaders of the Plateau. "Things have been...tense," she answered honestly. "I'm sure you know Grezig has gone in search of Illidan's family," she stated with an undertone of curiosity. Perhaps she was mistaken, maybe the others hadn't noticed the strain between she, her mate, and the Beta.

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir accepted her affection and even gave a small amount of her own. Rubbing her cheek against the Alphas softly. Admittedly the wolfdog had been pushing herself away from the pack lately, so she didn’t know most of what was going on. She felt bad for it but hoped she would become a bigger part of the pack again soon. Right now she felt as if she needed to be herself and with only herself, not that she minded the company of Liri because she didn’t but usually she spent the day alone.

I haven’t noticed much lately. I’m sorry that happened. If I may, what exactly happened? If it hits home too much you don’t have to tell me. “ she said a small smile showing up on her face. She always offered a latter option for she had never had one so she felt others should. “Illidans Family? I hope she finds them. He seems like he would be excited if they ever came back. “ she said an excited sway of her tail showed up.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The leader glanced away, considering. It was true that Elixir had aspirations of being a Counselor, making her the best candidate to talk to, yet Liri wasn't sure she wanted to share her troubles with anyone. 

Still, a need to talk to someone, anyone, urged her to speak. 

With a sigh, she began. 

"Grezig...she wanted Kavik to...father her children in the spring," the admittance came haltingly, with reluctance. "And my mate. He agreed," she whispered softly, ears flattening slowly as if she were deflating under the pressure of her sadness. 

"Am I crazy for being so...so angry?" She asked, dark eyes finding Elixir. 

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir listened, a side of her felt empathy toward Liri. She understood that maybe if he had fathered Grezigs children than that would mean maybe just maybe he would have some type of feelings toward her. A soft look came upon her dog like features. "I had no idea, I felt tension around here but I wasn't sure why and I wasn't about to ask if no one wanted to share." she said softly looking down at the ground. The wolfdog took a moment to take in what she had heard from her Alpha.

No, Liri wasn't crazy. When someone is mated they usually just want one person, at least that's what Elixir thought of it. "Liri you aren't crazy. I see it from both sides and I'm supposed too but Kavik should have never said yes. He should have confronted you about it before he agreed. And Grezig should have come to you first, because you are his mate. It is more respected that way even if it still would have hurt to hear at least she would have asked you first and not him." she said hoping that her explanation is good enough for Liri. After hearing this she lost a bit of respect for Grezig, even though she saw it from her eyes too.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
A flood of relief washed over her, so strong it nearly crushed her. Some part of her had wondered if she could have handled it better, if she should have been more understanding. Kavik had wanted to help his friend and Grezig had just wanted children - but then, that had been an excuse hadn't it? She'd been in love with him all along, it just took the Beta nearly ruining his relationship to realize it. 

Her dark eyes slipped shut for a moment, withholding either a laugh or sob of relief. It felt good to have her anger validated, to have someone understand.

Once she'd collected herself enough to listen to rest, Liri felt a dull shock. She hadn't even considered that. Had Grezig purposely snuck around Liri with her insane plan, intending to spring it on her like that? Had they planned that whole spirts-awful confrontation together?

She forced it from her mind. Driving herself insane over it now would be of no use. 

"I wanted to hurt her. I don't know how - physically maybe, emotionally. I don't know," she shook her head with guilt. That wasn't like her. She has vowed to herself never to be like those who had tormented her. The healer had made a pact to never raise a paw in violence unless absolutely necessary. 

"That's wrong, I know. I just...it fucking hurts," she murmured, her voice breaking.

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir felt bad for Liri, she wasn't sure how to help besides her words. As she showed physical signs of relief Elixir stood in case something were to happen with her. Concern was written all over the ebony girls face. It was a surprise to her that this had happened without anyone coming to her so she could help them. Maybe she could have helped them all work it out but now everything seemed broken. 

She wasn't sure if her theory was correct but the wolfdog thought if she had wanted @Kavik (tag for reference) to father her children she would have asked Liri first and then asked Kavik just to touch all the bases, besides all woman are protective of what's theirs anyway. 

"That's to be expected. Hurting them back is always something to be expected when someone has done you wrong. It's good that you haven't done anything yet. It's best to try and talk it out with both Kavik and Grezig. If it can't be worked out at least you'll know by trying to talk to them." she said softly tail swaying and pushed her nose to Liri's cheek in a comforting way.

"it will always hurt" Elixir voiced as she pulled her nose away. It was the sad truth, though they might get over it something would always remind her of it.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She nodded. Things had been worked out with Kavik, or so she thought. They seemed like they would be alright. He hadn't done it to hurt her, she could understand that now. He loved Grezig, in the way one loves a friend, and he hadn't considered how helping her would hurt their relationship. 

But, could she forgive Grezig? She'd been willing to but it seemed at every turn, the Beta wasn't interested in making reparations. Her chilly attitude upon her return indicated something of the opposite emotion, it didn't even seem like she felt bad about hurting Liri - who had considered her a trusted friend. 

No, talking would solve nothing. Liri would not reveal how badly her betrayal had stung - it was obvious she didn't care - nor would she pathetically grovel. 

"The worst things always do," she murmured, somewhat bleakly, as she sighed. 

"Thank you, Elixir. For your counsel and kindness," the healer smile slightly, appreciative for the light the wolfdog had shined upon her issues. 

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir wished so badly that she could take her friends hurt away and put it upon her own smaller shoulders, but she knew that wasn't the way things worked. All that she could do was be a shoulder to cry on and give advice, a small gift for what Liri had given her, a home. For Elixir it was hard to see the leaders fall the way they had but atleast now Liri knew what she had to do.

"Isn't that the truth.." Elixir whispered softly back to the pale woman. Her own problems hurt but it was a much different one than what Liri was feeling.

"You are always welcome Liri. For all you do its the least I can do." she spoke as she looked at Liri's smile. She had hoped it helped a small bit because she knew it wouldn't fix anything.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri smiled shyly, glad that at least one of her members seemed to like her and simultaneously bashful about praise. The somber words concerned her, wondering if perhaps the Counselor needed some counsel. 

"If there's something you would like to talk about, I'm all ears," she murmured supportively. She had no trade for offering advice but that didn't mean she was inexperienced with life's issues.