Ankyra Sound Pepsi: We Created the Moon and We Will Eventually Destroy It
know yourself and go in swinging
37 Posts
Ooc — Jem
gradually she begins to feel more at ease, those odd jittery feelings retreating somewhat that left her quite so wired and she allows herself to lean back onto her haunches in one smooth movement- tail swishing from side to side. yea she'd always been on the proud side hence the constant flare ups but for some inexplainable reason she'd felt an extra need to prove herself to this girl even though it wasn't like she was being challenging or anything. quite the opposite in fact. her nose wrinkles in thought- was it just because she was pretty? hardly though! plenty of wolves were pretty like even she herself wasn't the worst looking thing going either.

oh well, things just liked to be odd didn't they. teal eyes gleam as she smiles when mallaidh latches onto the ocean hype with an eager bob of her head. she has to yet to come across anyone with anything against the expanse of water she felt so drawn to and well she wasn't really suprised. (although the opinions may be slightly biased since it usually tended to be wolves residing by the sea she spoke to but that was besides the point.)  she focuses quite intensely on the other girl's pale gaze when listening to her speak, genuinely intrigued about her views on the sea. already nodding in agreement before the words even finish tumbling from her mouth, ali tilts her head to the side as the girl glances away upon finishing with her opinion. it reminds her of when she'd first watched the sun get swallowed whole by the water and had asked normasu did she think the sun slept in the depths of the sea. "i think that makes perfect sense" she states whole heartedly for maybe perhaps there was nothing else out there, simply just infinite space. thinking too deeply about it made her head hurt and she gave it a subconcious shake. "the sun does fall into it every night, i think it sleeps there. it really hurts my head if i try to make too much sense of it all, maybe we're not supposed to" her gaze shifts off to the general direction of the earth's edge, inhaling the salt tinged air deeply. maybe some force stopped them from trying to figure too much out lest they do and were suddenly no longer content to go about caring about such little things. it was a wild thought but she tucked it away somewhat protectively.

she's drawn back to the present conversation as the girl speaks again...joined? there it was, the word she'd been carefully skipping around. deep in her chest her heartbeat increased slightly with what...nerves? hardly, she was no coward so no way would something as simple as joining a pack be worth being scared about. nevertheless she had to bite back the urge to let out some kind of pissed remark, it wasn't mallaidh's fault her mouth grew dry at the thought of settling down. suddenly she remembered her conversation with the boy lucas, free spirit....the phrase had stayed with her and it comforted her now. that was all that was wrong, she was a free spirit her paws were built to roam and seek although what she sought not even she knew. she had told him she'd go for it and try out the pack life upon reminding herself it didn't have to be permanent. in fact she'd been thinking of max's pack when saying so which in turn was also mallaidh's so maybe it was a sign! "well maybe" the words seemed to lodge in her throat and she had to swallow somewhat frustratedly before continuing "maybe i could join...i mean like it's no big deal or anything i just could do with somewhere to stay i guess and if it's beside the ocean and i've met two nice girls from it i guess it can't be too bad." a gentle shrug of her shoulders and an easy smile to play off how much stress those words had actually caused her. sometimes it was almost too easy to play casual. 

her expression grows more serious at the next words. "oh really? damn that's shit i hope you's find her" a few more moments of silence before she quickly throws in "i mean i'd be happy to help if you want the help looking at any stage" truth was, ali was both lonely and bored and so the idea of helping the wolves find their friend was exciting although she had to remember that this was someone important to them and not act insensitive so her expression remained somber although the tip of her tail twitched slightly. maybe this wouldn't be so bad.
[Image: ezgif-com-crop-1.gif]
Messages In This Thread