Gilded Bay I can make you scared
7 Posts
Ooc — Jess
WC: 480
--------------------------------------------------
The response she was given caused Nike to pause and regard the siren before her in a new light. It seemed as though the sharp-featured female was surprised to hear something in her own language, which she spoke even though she seemed to falter a bit- as one would stumble and grasp at something which had long been dormant. She leaned forward slightly to sniff the air between them, trying to suss out if she knew the female’s scent, or if she could place her to any particular colony of Nereides that she had visited- but though she smelled of a pack, it was certainly not one belonging to the Nereides that she knew. She could smell males...And any proper Nereides woman wouldn’t allow themselves to come into contact with a male whatsoever, unless it was for the breeding ritual. Still, she supposed, this female had had to adapt. She doubted that there were any Nereides colonies in this area, from the female’s reaction.

In case the angular, surprised female before her had been away from her Greek bretheren for too long, Nike decided to speak to her in the common tongue, though she found it somewhat ugly and awkward. The words didn’t flow as well, and she found herself stumbling every now and again as it was a language that she herself did not use terribly often. She had been taught, but had never been terribly interested in learning a language that belonged to heathens. She’d been incredibly stubborn when she had been very young, and had learned English somewhat begrudgingly. It was a language more suited for consorts, and nothing else.

”My name is Nike Nereides,” She said, forcing herself to slow her speech down when pronouncing her name so that her first and last name did not combine too quickly. ”Nike,” She reiterated, for the female to understand better. ”I come from the Neroponti Nereides, of Zephyra Grotto, to the far North,” She said. ”I have come in search of sisters...To start a Nereides...Colony, a pack, here.” She said. She looked the female over again, and was yet again distracted, somewhat, by the obvious deviation from standard protocol, with reference to the use of coyote blood that was obviously present in Caiaphas’ lineage. Why would they have taken in a coyote male for breeding purposes? Surely that had to be the case- there was no way a Nereides woman had been a coyote...Unless she had been given unto the Nereides by the sea, of course. There was always that possibility. With that in mind, she tried not to allow herself to judge Caiaphas until she knew the true story behind her lineage. ”Where do you come from?” She asked then, expecting to understand, then, which group of Nereides this woman had come from.
​--------------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
I can make you scared - by Nike - November 04, 2018, 06:34 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 05, 2018, 08:35 AM
RE: I can make you scared - by Nike - November 05, 2018, 01:47 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 07, 2018, 09:43 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Nike - November 08, 2018, 02:08 AM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 09, 2018, 08:17 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Nike - November 12, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 17, 2018, 12:21 PM