Gilded Bay I can make you scared
7 Posts
Ooc — Jess
WC: 486
--------------------------------------------------
Caiaphas looked as though she was about to express disdain when Nike began to speak in the common tongue, but she felt it was likely the easiest way to speak, if Caiaphas was so rusty at speaking Greek. There was also the possibility that Caiaphas had only learned a bit of Greek, at which point it would have made no sense whatsoever for her to speak at length in her mother tongue. She wasn’t terribly bothered by it- it could be hard to ruffle Nike’s feathers when she believed she was doing the right thing, and she was only trying to be considerate by speaking the common tongue, not demeaning or condescending. She wanted information relayed to the sharp-featured female, and this, she believed, was the best way to do it.

Nevertheless, it relieved her when Caiaphas spoke her reply in the mother tongue, causing Nike to visibly relax with a sigh. Her news wasn’t the best, though, and she seemed to have given in to the failures experienced by the Nereides in this area. She frowned, and considered why that might have been, and ended up deciding that perhaps wither Caiaphas was not fit to lead them- or the wolves in this area simply weren’t willing to listen to their preaching or adapt the way of the Nereides. From what she had learned of other wolves, they considered males and females as equals- or worse, the considered males to be of greater power, which she found to be ridiculous. Regardless, if that was the case, she would have a tough time reinstating a Nereides pack here if one had already failed.

When she mentioned Ankyra Sound and the name Aktaie, she did brighten up a bit. She was of a good lineage, then; and it seemed that they would be distant cousins. She nodded in recognition at the name, but didn’t necessarily appreciate the fact that Caiaphas had lost faith and given up on colonizing the area. She was even bold enough to discourage Nike, who was stubbornly willing to give it a chance...Maybe. Then again, perhaps she was better off heading further South where she would find wolves who were easier to persuade. ”We are cousins,” She stated. ”I am a descendant of Oreithyia, High Priestess to Aktaie...And who stood in for her, when Aktaie lost her way,” She said. Of course, Oreithyia had given back the title once Aktaie’s faith had been renewed, but that was several generations ago, and Oreithyia’s daughter had split off from the pack to form a colony of her own.

”I may not settle here, then...Unless you would like to take on the endeavour with me,” She said, proposing that they join forces. She sensed, though, that the female before had lost her faith...But like their ancestors, long ago, she knew that the faith could be found again.
--------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
I can make you scared - by Nike - November 04, 2018, 06:34 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 05, 2018, 08:35 AM
RE: I can make you scared - by Nike - November 05, 2018, 01:47 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 07, 2018, 09:43 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Nike - November 08, 2018, 02:08 AM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 09, 2018, 08:17 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Nike - November 12, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: I can make you scared - by Caiaphas - November 17, 2018, 12:21 PM