Heron Lake Plateau If you get lost you can always be found
21 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Kaala's ears went back and she realised her heart hammered so hard inside her chest that she feared they could hear it. She was well aware of the deadliness of winter and the fact that if she didn't get in here that she would have to trek a good distance to find somewhere else. She was only aware of this now, due to the harsh awakining that was finding her brother dead and cold and her sister vanished into thin air. When Niamh spoke on her search for family she spoke in a tone much softer than was normal for her "I've learned that sometimes family isn't always blood. While blood is strongest, you can also have family wherever you choose to settle. To me...my pack is family wherever that may be." Her tone was hopeful, leading it  to be inferred that she hoped it was here for sure. "I've also recently lost the last of my blood family, i told him about this" she nodded to Phox, not knowing his name at that moment.

There was silence for a few moments as Niamh seemed to consider her and she held her breath. She expected to be told she wasn't needed. She wouldnt blame the woman, their borders were marked with the scent of many, many wolves and if she didn't prove herself she would simply be seen as another mouth to feed. Then the leader issued a task, which she thought was very smart and she lit up at the prospect. "Definitely... I'll follow you there" she said with a smile, taking on a new demeanor that showed her eagerness to do something. Back home whenever she had no tasks, she found something to do anyway whether that was hunting, goofing around, sparring or taking a walk she was always busy and she loved it. 

Niamh lead them all forth and when they reached the tracks she was given the instructions to track. She did so quietly, rolling each paw down in the snow gently so she wasn't stomping down and making noise. She sniffed at the air and the snow, finding fresh droppings and finally bringing the trio to the deer. There was only three, two huddled together and a third only a few feet away from the couple. She pondered it and nodded decisively "I'll sneak around and run for the spot between them. I'll chase the single doe toward you two and attack from behind." She gave the simple plan and when confirmed she did her part, sneaking around. She snuck forward slowly, the does facing away and not noticing until she was nearly there. Just as one of the does began to lift their head she sprung forward, snapping her jaws at the target doe and sending her running. She kept a close chase, jaws snapping at the hocks of the fleeing doe to prevent any stray kicks. As the Doe neared Niamh and Phox she leaped upon the hindquarters, slowing the prey down enough to allow them to do their part.

--------------------------------------

When the hunt was done and the Doe had  fallen on the ground lifeless, she caught her breath and looked up at Niamh, respectfully backing off from the carcass. It was instinctual that leaders ate first and it had been that way her whole life. She remained silent though her gaze was now hopeful and expectant, praying for a positive answer.
Messages In This Thread
If you get lost you can always be found - by Kaala - November 21, 2018, 09:52 AM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by Phox - November 21, 2018, 11:11 AM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by Kaala - November 21, 2018, 12:20 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by RIP Niamh - November 21, 2018, 07:35 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by Phox - November 27, 2018, 09:16 AM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by Kaala - November 27, 2018, 12:27 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by RIP Niamh - November 27, 2018, 02:46 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by Phox - November 27, 2018, 04:51 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by Kaala - November 27, 2018, 05:44 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by RIP Niamh - November 27, 2018, 07:23 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by Kaala - November 27, 2018, 08:52 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by Phox - November 27, 2018, 09:28 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by RIP Niamh - November 27, 2018, 09:52 PM
RE: If you get lost you can always be found - by Kaala - December 12, 2018, 08:49 AM