The Floodlands Steady feet, don't fail me now
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood grew gradually colder as Wildfire's story unfolded, and it had nothing to do with the temperature. When she concluded that the wolves of Drageda issued death sentences to those who left the pack, he couldn't help but shiver -- and again, it wasn't because of the climate. This involuntary motion was from anger and disgust. When he was Alpha of Redhawk Caldera, he had perhaps been too forgiving with those who came and went from their ranks -- but this went against everything that he stood for. He couldn't imagine killing a family member simply because they chose to disperse and live somewhere else.

Part of him wanted to tell Wildfire just how awful he found that rule, but he also knew that Drageda was her family. That was why she was so shaken; her own son had promised to bring an end to her life. And expressing his own perception of Drageda's traditions wouldn't make her feel any better. Instead, he stepped towards her and gathered her into his embrace.

"I'll keep you safe," he said, and he meant it. Drageda might be willing to cut down their own family members, but Redhawks and Blackthorns would do whatever it took to protect their kin.
Messages In This Thread
Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Wildfire - December 10, 2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Elwood - December 11, 2018, 11:26 AM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Wildfire - December 11, 2018, 01:33 PM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Elwood - December 12, 2018, 11:20 AM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Wildfire - December 12, 2018, 11:56 AM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Elwood - December 13, 2018, 01:09 PM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Wildfire - December 13, 2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Elwood - December 17, 2018, 01:07 PM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Wildfire - December 17, 2018, 01:26 PM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Elwood - December 17, 2018, 02:14 PM
RE: Steady feet, don't fail me now - by Wildfire - December 17, 2018, 04:26 PM