The Tangle beneath the silver moon there you'll find me
- — — -
14 Posts
Ooc — m
All Welcome 
The Tangle is a wholly unpleasant territory, stretching several miles west of Nova Peak and several times that distance north and south. It is a natural minefield of rock, spiny shrubbery, and sharp drops, blanketed by hardy grasses and watched over by warped, witch-like trees. It is a danger to cross from any direction, promising a fall to anyone that does not watch their step.

thundersnow!

He needed... air, and the Sound felt suddenly constricting. Mwe had accepted his Alpha's offer without the usual thought he would give such a decision; at the time, it had seemed like the only choice. Who wouldn't choose a home, so readily offered, when the alternative was the insecurity of a loner's life? He had been a vagabond long enough. But this hasty decision may still prove to be a fatal mistake, and though he remained outwardly stoic, his stomach roiled with anxiety.

Mwe ventured beyond Rusalka's borders, telling himself that it would be good to know the lay of the land outside of the relative security of Ankyra. The meadow of mounds was already familiar, and so he pressed north— dangerously close to the phantom rivals, he knew, but perhaps did not yet understand the severity of the situation. He had not met the wolves of the cliffs, and so they remained as nothing more than boogeymen in his mind.

As he entered a tangle of rocks and brush, a flash lit the sky above and illuminated the falling snow— moments later, a booming tolled out, and he swallowed nervously. He had been second-guessing this foray into such an inhospitable landscape, but it provided the only real shelter until he returned to Rusalka.

Mwe crouched low, slinking into the Tangle, nervously watching the sky above between the clawing trees.
I do not participate in private threads or take traditional thread requests.
If you'd like to roleplay with me, please create an AW thread and tag my character -- I will join if I'm able!
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
East made his way across the rocky terrain, being extra cautious as he moved across the snow-covered ground. The snow made the uneven forest floor appear safer than it actually was, but he had seen the forest before winter arrived and knew to make his steps slower and more deliberate. He wasn't quite sure what had pulled him here today other than curiosity and the need to wander--or maybe it was to seek a reprieve from the falling snow under the strange trees that made up the woods here. Whatever the reason, he didn't really care; he was here now, and he would use his time to map out the terrain.

A loud booming from the sky made him freeze, and he took a few seconds to scan the area as if the sound had come from somewhere in the woods and not the sky. Shaking his coat out a little, East began to walk again. His steps were halted once more by the scent of another. He knew the scent of the their new neighbors well, and it caused his ears to flatten in irritation. They had moved in too close, and he didn't trust a single one of them. He started moving again, this time his pace a little faster until he found the other male. He stopped just as the stranger came into view, a low growl rumbling from his chest and his lip curling to show teeth.
Common · Trigedasleng