Little Goat Mountain There's another side
46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
All Welcome 
Date set to 22/12/18

He had left the valley to trek the mountains and hunt something. He hadn't eaten for what, a week? What did he even eat then? It wasn't what he wanted to eat, that was for sure. It may have been a bird. Yes, "A bird!"
He wandered up the gentle slope, made more treacherous by the snow. He could already smell goats here. It was if his frame could handle catching one alone that would be the issue.
He'd taken down other wolves, some petite, some large and unknowing.

Ah, that was the key. Surprise.

He smiled to himself and started rapid whisperings of delusion to himself,  "I can do anything, I am the greatest. They will all bow to me. Cow under me!" He caught sight of a head, "Hush idiot I'm hunting. Yes, food. No not wolf or..." Was it a wolf he saw?
A pretty face as white as snow?
Had Aure seen sense and came to him as he wanted?

"Aure sweetness I'm here!" he bounded forwards only to be greeted with a body of black. A deceiver. But still lovely, perhaps? They would do, whoever they were. They could be substituted for Aure.
He would one day not have to make substitutes.
"It seems I am mistaken. You are not Aure and I apologise," he waved his tail in greeting and planted an apologetic smile on his face. Good work.
@Huntington 
method to the madness
99 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
her head did not so much as a turn at the man's call. why should it? she was not this 'Aure' to speak of. being mistaken for, ah, another's loved one... that was quite a first. the woman was a bit distracted, digging under the snow to find the remains of plants and herbs and such things. though acutely aware of her unwanted company nonetheless. it was at his second set of words did she look up, fixing him with a blank stare through pale eyes.

it was good, then, for him that she had failed to notice the man speaking to himself prior. though confident of herself, she was also cautious about others. she had a faint reminder of his voice before he had spoken to her, yet he could have easily been bidding farewell to another in the area. "oh?" she began calmly, lacking such emotion as anything else "a first, then, for being recognized and subsequently dropped of familiarity." she mused quietly, barely audible. his intentions with the other known as Aure was not her concern. though it stood to reason he would be disappointed in having not found them.

she went on despite this. "what do they call you, should I run into this Aure... mayhap I will tell them you are looking for them."

46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He couldn't decipher her musings but decided that he shouldn't delve into them. If she wanted him to hear she would've spoken up. So he merely tilted his head to listen to her next words, interest spiking.
Did she know of Aure?
Possibly not, nevertheless he was happy to give up the information. Just so Aure could hear his name, and what his intentions were.
"My name is Rakk, and yes I wish greatly to see her again."  He smiled with melancholy, he didn't know if he'd ever see her again.
He better do.

"Please, tell me of your name too. I would delight in hearing it, Ma'am."  The words were out before he could stop them. Perhaps they were overbearing, or just plain weird to the wolf. Hopefully, she suspected naught. He'd not be able to have his Aure hear his name from the lips of another, if so.
Until he found a different messenger.

That's it!
Get the word out, make them know he was looking for her. Scream it from the mountains, maybe she would hear the words from his lips herself if he did. A feverish wilderness came into his muted eyes. He would have to thank this wolfess greatly for giving him a tremendous idea.

"Crazy"Sane."
method to the madness
99 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she regarded him still in that same solemn manner. not speaking unless spoken to, but no, not out of any sexism taught to her. she preferred to speak after obtaining the correct information. yet it was not known if he would give her the right ones. her eyes lacked blinking, taking in his words. "well then, Rakk... tell me, what does she look like?" Huntington replied smoothly. she was not going to actually speak to or seek this Aure anytime soon. let the man believe her words, however. she had no concept of what the future held for her. whether she would actually meet the woman he sought was unclear.

she could not hope to look for the other woman if she failed to know what features she had. at the request of her name, however... she debated not even telling him. not out of spite or cruelty, mind, but of a lack of interest in him. to be fair, she had a lack of interest in most people. a false name, perhaps? an incorrect truth? no, she did not make connections with falsity. though she did not quite want to make any connections. "Huntington" she, at last, replied to the man. her gaze shifted away from his frame to look about once more. "that is my title."

if the man was seeking for another, she would not take his time up. it stood to reason he was lacking interest in her when Aure was involved. some would call this politeness, allowing him to resume his search. she did not think it was. this was just another opportunity to learn more. she would not even see this Rakk again. the world was a big place, after all. 

46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
At the mention of describing her, he closed his eyes and grinned. One may think he was relishing the thought of a loved one. But no. Not him.
He was thinking of her perfect she would look sprawled out before him, fur staining, waves lapping against the wisps of her form. His voice was rasping, trying to prevent himself from slipping into a state.
"She is as white as fresh snow with eyes of silver." He opened his own eyes, becoming more serious, "She has scars over her eyes, very distinguishable. You couldn't mistake her for anyone else."
Well, unless she had a doppelganger out there.

He sighed softly, coming to the realisation he wouldn't find his prey any time soon. Not unless he searched far and wide. He stepped forward, "Huntington,"  he repeated, savoring the syllables so he could remember them with perfect clarity, "where are you traveling to?"
He had to know, for the sake of finding her again easier so he could stand a chance of finding her.
"Crazy"Sane."
method to the madness
99 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
so the woman he sought was a plain white, silver orbs and scarring upon her features. duly noted. he seemed to want to confess Aure's beauty when the audience did not even care about such base desires. beauty was in the eye of the beholder, some would say. Huntington could not even grasp another's beauty. inner or outer. they all looked the same to her. they all had their imperfections. and oft that outweighed her obtaining a closeness. especially with other people. 

the man had another question. she turned her head back to him, not quite understanding why he would even ask such a thing. did he intend to stick close to her, for wanting her to search on his behalf? he would be sorely mistaken. she did not take to traveling companions easily. she much preferred to go alone. or did he have some laughable connection to her now that she had offered to search for this Aure of his? she resisted the smirk. her face remained blank. "I do not know" she replied evenly.

at least that part was true. "why limit oneself to a set pattern? the world is endless" she added in an idle manner. there was no awe in her voice. "however, should I find the woman you seek, I will let her know to seek you out." that is all she could promise him.

46 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He made a soft grunting, probably barely audible unless the girl was one to listen closely.
So, she didn't know herself. Curious. She was a wanderer like himself. Yet it seemed she was looking for nothing. He flashed her a toothy grin.
"Yes," he crooned, "tell her to seek me. Tell her I anticipate our meeting."
A sharp intake of breath, "please, Ma'am. I miss her dearly."

He blinked slowly, licking his lips thoughtfully. He should keep moving. Find something to eat. It was a shame he couldn't take the other spindly form before him, she was now his messenger; she wouldn't satiate him anyhow.
He tilted his ears before taking a step backward, "I thank you for your time." And with that, the monotone spider left her company. Continuing his search for her.
For food.
Thanks for the thread!
"Crazy"Sane."