Emberwood champagne showers
let's start livin' dangerously
37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
All Welcome 
ooc; set a day after easthollow thread with greyback; loose assumptions in case he isn't accepted into the pack ;D
it was night by the time he arrived at the woodland. his steps were weary from the road, even wearier from traveling to Easthollow. he hadn't allowed himself the chance to rest. he'd been traveling for a few months now with barely a few hours of sleep. Puck didn't like to rest for long. maybe due to his hyperactive attitude or maybe because he felt exposed without others around him constantly. he had gone to Easthollow because it was close, liking the area enough to request to stay there.

whatever had happened with him and them, he was keen to explore the landscape around the pack's lands. the coywolf felt immense peace in these woods; totally unaware of the natural serenity. he was half asleep, y'see. everything was great right now. he felt himself float to a particular stretch of the woods and lie down. his mind was muddy and foggy at once. it took no time at all for the lull of sleep to set in. he didn't even get to yawn. the dreams came easily; he was pink for some reason and chasing after a giant rabbit. 

and then he woke up. sunlight flickered above him as his eyes snapped open. Puck yawned widely, stretching his back into a narrow arch. maybe he should have found a more enclosed area to sleep, but he felt so fucking peaceful here. he was ignorant of the dangers, less aware that someone or some people may be watching him. he rose to all fours, making his way further into the woodlands. time to explore. time to get into shit. but good shit, right? nothing that ended in him being all bloody and broken. yikes.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Yule had been a smashing success, and though she probably should still be resting, she found herself awake and restless this morning, wandering into the Emberwood without a care. Perhaps it would be a while before her sleep schedule got back on track. Nevertheless, she was happy, and grateful for all the joys life had given her as of late. It couldn't get better than this, surely?

His dark pink eyes were what caught her eye, so verdant against the drab colors of winter. There was nothing else very remarkable about him save that gaze, but he looked affable enough. She smelled Easthollow on his pelt, but not a lot of it--a new recruit, perhaps?

Lily sauntered up to him with a smile, her tail wagging behind her. Good morning, she greeted warmly, looking him over. Haven't seen your face around before, unless I've had a terrible lapse in memory. She giggled, still giddy from the festivities (or, more likely, lack of sleep). What brings you 'round these parts?
37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
loneliness was not a concept for him. you couldn't swing a dead rabbit without hitting someone, it seems. Puck turned - though not sharply - at the other's tone. greeted by a pretty lady; ah, a man's true dream. he smiled easily at her, a wide grin at her friendly tone. "hey there!" he yipped a reply, tilting his head slightly. his fuchsia eyes cast a look to where Easthollow lay. he gave a slight nod of his head. "name's Puck, missie. just got here to this place."

he gestured with one paw around the wilds. "wish I could give you a riveting story about bad versus good, but it's fuckin' boring" he broke off with a laugh. "lil old me was just checking out a pack in the area" and whether he had been accepted was beyond him right now. he may be a recruit. he may have been chased off. ah, timelines were great. did he just break the fourth wall? you bet he did. "and I sorta, kinda, very well fell asleep here. pretty ain't it?" he looked about the woodlands.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He had a charming, infectious way of speaking, and she found herself grinning back. Yes, it's very beautiful, she agreed, thinking of the time she and Khali had spent here. When they'd first made it official. . . She gave a little wistful sigh before narrowing in on something else he had said, her interest piqued.

Which other pack did you visit? Lily asked. We're allied with many of the packs in the valley. They're all quite pleasant. She really had no complaints with any of them, even Lost Creek Hollow, whose members had seen more stilted than friendly. Ah, well, different strokes. . .
37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she seemed to be remembering some memory as her eyes seemed to glaze over. being the good gentleman he was, he waited for her to speak before continuing on. Puck gave a fervent nod of his head as she agreed; yep, this woodland was pretty whimsy at the core. he could do with worse places to sleep. "Easthollow" he replied at last, recalling his meeting with Greyback and the man drilling him with questions about his past. "where ya from?" she did smell like a pack wolf after all and spoke with certainty regarding the subject.

and if Easthollow didn't work out, he could very well be looking for a new home. "oh, right right... I totally forgot to ask your name. that was rude of lil old me" he raised a paw to his face, covering his snout comedically and dramatically. it wasn't really a big deal. she hadn't given him her name, but he may as well ask. be a good conversationist, y'know? "I guess I have two questions. what pack are you living in, and what's your name." he added with a wide grin.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Easthollow, she said thoughtfully, smiling. She laughed politely when he corrected himself, sitting patiently and waiting for him to trail off again. My name is Lily. I'm from Elysium. We live in the willow forest close by.

Her ears tilted toward him in interest. I'm familiar with Easthollow. Their leaders were at a party we hosted last night. Are you thinking about joining their ranks? It was a shame they couldn't snag him for themselves. She wasn't really in the business of recruiting, but they could always use more hunters, especially as winter went on, growing colder. . .

Her mouth curved in a wry smile. Pardon my rudeness, I've not asked your name, either. So. . .your name? she asked, chuckling.
37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
to be fair he hadn't given the other packs a chance. Easthollow just happened to be nearby where he entered the land. he had been so fuckin' tired from travel that he immediately went to the nearest pack's land. maybe he should have explored more but damn. the traveling was tired. bam wham sam. that was all that needed to be said about that. "guess so. they're all right. at least the one I met" he replied to her regarding joining em.

"I don't know if I met a leader though; dude's name was Greyback. he asked me all sorts of life-altering, personal and dark questions." he went on, adding in a serious tone for dramatic effect. though his face was still in a grin. "moi? I'm Puck" he beamed wider. just Puck. no surname. no funky business. no family here. he was just some dude. "well, nice to meet ya, Lily of Elysium. and a party too? where's my invite?" he could drink and eat with the best of 'em.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Yeah, he's pretty intense, Lily laughed, remembering his demeanor on the border. I dunno if he's a leader or not, but he's shown up both times I went there, so. . .he's got to have some kind of clout there, right? She grinned, swiping her tongue over her jowls briefly. Nice to meet you, Puck. The party was last night, so you missed it.

She blinked with soft apology at him, though there really was no need to. But there will be other gatherings! Elysium loves company, the blackbird assured him, wagging her tail. Where'd you come from, originally? Are you a born wanderer or are you like me, who just got bored and left home? She could see either scenario playing out--or both. She supposed they weren't mutually exclusive.
37 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Puck chuckled, recalling the seriousness himself. Greyback was a good guy though, laughs aside. he could tell the older man was. he wasn't one to waste words and that was just fine with him. he didn't know if he had been an alpha or a beta or just one of those high ranked dudes that Puck didn't really know the name of. "yeah, he was a good guy. put up with me for as long as he could" he gave a playful wink to her. "just like you're doing. wow, I don't know how you guys do it. I'm terribad." he smirked, knowing it wasn't true.

"aww man, I missed the party" he felt himself recline back to his hindquarters against the cold ground. if they were going to continue talking, he had to take a sit-down cause standing was an effort after a long journey. the young coywolf frowned softly. yet another person who wanted to know about his past. he shook his head, having given no good answer to anyone about that. even pretty ladies like Lily. "place didn't have a name. well, if it did I didn't remember it at all" he added "pretty young when I left. a cross between 'bored' and 'sick of this shit'."

he resisted a sigh. twice in two days he had to tell this story. at least he gave an explanation though."don't have family here or there; they all up and left. or died" he grimaced, reminded of his Ma. murdered for loving his Pops. whoa, that was so dramatic. he forced a chuckle. "so what'd you get bored with? was it 'sick of this shit' too?"

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She snort-laughed softly. Terribad? she remarked, having never heard the word before. Like I said, there will be other parties, Lily reassured him. I can guarantee it. She pursed her lips, listening to his story, giving him the requisite Sad Look at his brief mention of tragedy. Her brow furrowed slightly as she contemplated his question.

No, not particularly, Lily mused, mouth quirking in a wry smile. I love my family, and would probably go back, if I wasn't so attached to here. But I did get so terribly bored, she explained, drawing out the word for emphasis. There was no excitement in my life. I wanted adventure. I wanted to be on my own. So I left.

The blackbird shrugged it off. So, you're going to Easthollow, then? she asked lightly, looking him over. Pity I won't see you around in Elysium. We'd love to have you. Absolutely shameless.

It seemed his mind was made up, though. They finished their conversation and went their separate ways, with Lily wondering whether she'd see the ebullient young man again.