Hushed Willows all i want for christmas is you
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
set for tomorrow evening

Even the heavy cloud cover couldn't dim the moonlight. It had been full a few days ago, and was now waning, but still put out a tremendous glow. It shimmered off Lily's ebony coat, turning it a brilliant shade of blue; her eyes glowed like a hearth. She sat outside, near the dens, tail curled 'round her paws as she looked through a thin part of the willow canopy at the sky.

There was something about this time of year that spoke to her. It was cold and bleak, but undeniably romantic. The long nights, the need to huddle for warmth. . . Sure, she would always prefer the spring and its newness, but winter had its beauty, too--if one knew how and where to look.

She looked over her shoulder, wondering if @Khali was around. She wanted to share the magic of this December night with him. Yule had been so hectic, and she so involved, that she'd barely had time to spend a moment alone with him. Now their guests were gone and the solstice was past, and she could breathe once more.

Unfortunately, breathing meant that the misgivings that had been stewing within her for some time had come back to the surface. Lily hovered uneasily, a million different thoughts swirling in her head, some good, but some certainly bad.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
After the Yule celebration was over it felt like things were better for the pack. More wolves had come to celebrate and Elysium got to mingle with other packs. The happiest of days had come after they moved from the Boulder which seemed so long ago now, Khali felt like the fresh start was something not only he needed but everyone who moved needed. He hoped for a good future for the pack also.

The sandy man wanted to seek out Lily just to check in after the whole celebration was over and to see if she was doing fine. Most of all he wanted to be in her company. Eventually he sniffed out the trail of his beloved and followed it until he seen the blackbird sitting in the moons rays of light like an angel he was blessed with. 

My love” he called out softly as he walked up to lick her Cheek. He lowered his body to the ground next to her letting his fur touch hers slightly. After a smile he let his tail fall over hers. “How is everything?” He asked and nudged her softly. More times than not he felt as though she was under stress which worried him.
“Swahili” is in blue, he tries not to speak it so no one will know his past.
italics are A flash back or in his head depending on the wording of the post you’ll know.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She turned at the sound of his voice, grinning. My love, she repeated, nuzzling into his touch with a small sigh. The blackbird contemplated his question for a moment, staring straight ahead, mouth working silently.

Oh, it's. . .quieted down, she decided, looking slightly sheepish. She glanced over to him, blinking softly. Yule was fun, but I'm glad it's over. A chance to relax for a while. Until the next thing happened. Winter was rolling on, and spring hot on its heels. And with spring came--

I've been thinking, Lily cut into her own thoughts. About what you had said, worrying about being a father. I'll be honest--I've been concerned for myself, lately. Mali, Brilliance, it's just. . .children are so difficult. God's sake, Khali, how will I manage?
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Khali smiled as she repeated him and then proceeded to nuzzle her a bit more after she embraced it. It was nice to have someone he could rely on. Someone that is his best friend and love all in one. This is what it must feel like to be completely content in life. A small smile developed on his face after thinking about it for a moment.

Yule was very fun filled. Now that its ended we can spend some time together. It's going to be a good year He said softly as she told him that now she can relax. The sandy man loved the sound of relaxation. Hopefully they'd be able to do so.

Lily brought up children and Khali smiled. He knew she would be the best mother any child could ask for. He looked at her and then nudged her cheek a moment. If there is anyone that could handle children it's you. When you have them I'm sure you'll know the right way to handle any situation. Mali and Brilliance and Ibis have been through a lot like you told me before. It's hard for them now but one day they'll come around. his words were gentle and had more meaning than anything he has ever said before.
italics are A flash back or in his head depending on the wording of the post you’ll know.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She nodded but her face was still drawn, troubled. I know, I keep trying to tell myself that, but. . .it just feels so personal, you know? she asked, staring up at him. Like it was their mother that messed up, not me--but I feel like I should shoulder some of the blame. I've been here throughout their entire lives and haven't really made any effort to connect with them.

Lily sighed heavily. I could have been there for them, she admitted, when they needed me most. But I wasn't. . .and now I'm afraid they're lost to me forever. To all of us. Irreparably damaged by circumstance. Would they ever know how to love? Love, in true fashion, pure and unconditional? No one had ever really given them a good example. Delight had tried his best, bless him--but their mother's blatant absence hard to overcome.

We can't--we won't--leave our children. I'll never leave. Promise me? Lily whispered, blinking plaintively at Khali. It wasn't as if she didn't trust him; she expected his answer to be positive. But she wanted to hear him say it, anyway.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Khali nodded, he understood how personal it could be. Though he knew she shouldn't take any blame that their mother should have made more of an effort because,well, she was the one to help make them, he wasn't about to tell her what she should do. The blame could go to everyone in the pack at that time. he said and licked her cheek in comfort.

It hurt him to see her being down about them. They're not lost to us. They have to find themselves in a world that hurt them before they could grow up. It'll take a while but I'm sure they will come around to us. he said smoothly. Khali was all the way sure they'd come around and want to be here, but he was sure that they would see that the move and everything was a good thing for them.

I'll never leave... Elysium, You, or our future kids. I'll always be by your side no matter what ever happens in life. he said as he watched her blink at him. His heart was set on Lily and would always be. Nothing in the world would be better than being by her side.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
That's true, I suppose. There was a lot going on, she mused. Still, it wasn't an excuse. Pups were pups, the most vulnerable members of the pack. Somebody ought to have looked out. Somebody ought to have put in the effort, beyond Delight. And it should have been her.

It was exactly what she wanted to hear. A smile painted her muzzle once more, timid but there, and she cuddled into him, head tucked under his chin. I know, Lily whispered. I don't doubt that for a second, Khali. You. . . She pulled away again and laughed, wagging her tail.

Where in actual hell did you come from? the blackbird giggled. You're too good for this world, and you're mine. How did that happen?
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Khali embraced her tightly. He never wanted to let her go. Through everything Lily was always there with and without her beautiful voice. They've come this far and he didn't imagine them breaking it off anytime soon which made him so happy.

I come from hardships... which makes me treasure whatever happiness and good people I have come into my life. You're both of those things... like a two in one. he said and licked the top of her head smiling. Lily was the light in his darkness, the only light until he embraced the pack life and now he'd do anything for her and the pack.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily nodded; damn, he even had a good answer for her rhetorical question! Her smile grew even wider as he embraced her again. You're right, she whispered. And I. . . Well, I don't come from hardship. At all. So perhaps I might be inclined to take you for granted. She sighed again, more slowly.

But I won't. I can't. Even after a perfect life, I can't even put into words how wonderful you are. How blessed I am to have you. Now this was getting right and proper sappy. But that was what she had become, lately. Right and bloody proper sappy.

She laughed softly again to ease the dramatic air, resting her cheek against his shoulder. Sleep, or go for a walk? she asked, stifling a yawn. She was leaning toward the former, but a moonlight stroll wouldn't be so bad, either.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
He listened but couldn't find any words to say to her as she ended her thought. All he could do was lick her cheek softly and then smile. The hardships made him cherish her more but she obviously did the same toward him. 

Sleep he said lying on the ground and motioning for her to lie in front of him. might need it no one knows what tomorrow will bring he said
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She smiled, nodding sleepily in response. With no inclination to stifle the enormous yawn that cracked her jaws, she curled up next to her mate, drifting off. She was asleep before she had even thought to say goodnight.