Hushed Willows hot child in the city
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
referencing Sunny's recent trip through the taiga
Skraeling was a woman on a mission - she'd been sent by her brother and @Sunspot to check up on the Morningside wolves, but they'd told her to take her time. Skraeling rather thought she'd stick around... at least, she did until she arrived to find both the plains and the maplewood standing empty. The plains had been burned, of course, and she'd known about that, but she was suprised that the Morningsiders weren't in the woods, either.

Luckily, she quickly found Sunny's scent trail and followed it to the borders of a pack in another woods - this one snuggled up to the base of a mountain in a way Rae found quite appealing. She paused near the borders for a moment, but when she smelled Pema and Aliac and Aviana around as well, she wrongfully assumed that it was just Morningside again, smelling slightly different without Mister Grayday around. The wooly shewolf pranced thoughtlessly across the borders, calling out for her friends. "Sunny? Aliac?" She wavered as she got further in and began to feel a bit odd about the situation. "Anyone?"
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He was beginning to admit that maybe Elysium wasn't so bad despite the nagging thought that it wasn't home. Someday he would set off again and remake Morningside. He would take Aliac with him and hopefully any children born to him. He would raise it up again and it would become his legacy like his father's before him. He would be damned if he failed in this goal and was determined to succeed, no matter how long it took.

The small step in comfort had lead him to start actively participating in pack work. He was out patrolling the borders and leaving his scent a bit more strongly than before to say he acknowledged himself as an official Elysium member. That was when the wind carried a voice calling out his and Aliac's name and he paused, ear flicking back and forth as he tried to figure out who it was. It sounded so familiar. He moved toward it and spotted the dark furred female, freezing in place. His heart beat rapidly and he ran forward "Rae?" he called out and then confirmed it was her, grinning as he skidded to a halt in front of her. His tail was wagging behind him and he reached forward, sniffing her and then nuzzling her quickly. "Gosh Rae, where'd you go? I missed you...alotta things have happened since you've been gone" he said though surprisingly his expression didn't darken.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Just as she'd convinced herself it would be smarter to howl and wait at the borders, the voice she'd been listening for called out her name. Sunny! she cried, throwing herself bodily into the other wolf. He was certainly a sight for sore eyes - more handsome than she remembered and still warm and sweet-smelling. Skraeling had mind to simply hunker down against him and never, ever move again, but of course she was being silly.

I know a little about it, but will you tell me again? Just so we're on the same page? she suggested, voice gentle and earnest.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
"oof" he grunted as Rae threw herself into him, for a moment causing him to stumble back. He laughed softly and embraced her, closing his eyes for a moment. He remembered finding her, bringing her home and he remembered how close they had gotten to fast. He remembered how he had developed a sort of crush on the girl, before he had asked Aliac to be his mate. He sighed happily, praying she had come to stay and wouldn't leave him again. 

He pulled away as she asked to hear about what she'd missed and he nodded, sitting down "Well...dad died. Dawn and Aditya broke up. My younger siblings left except for kitten. There was a fire, it made us leave for the maplewoods. Shale died. Dawn vanished. Aditya left without a word and caused problems for an ally. Most of our members left. I took over as leader. Oh! And..." he rattled off everything that he could remember and then when he was about to say he had become mates with Aliac he hesitated. He studied her for a few moments, wondering briefly if things could have been different but then decided quickly that he wouldn't want it to be different. He loved Aliac.

"And me and Aliac became mates. We merged with this pack...Elysium. We were too far into winter and too few in members to survive. This pack took us in...it's very laid back and welcoming just like....just like Morningside." the last bit came out a bit unsure. It wasn't like Morningside at all but it was nice.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling nodded thoughtfully, ears falling back at Sunny's sorrowful tone. She'd known about most of that, but not about Aditya, and not the last part. Her stomach did a strange flip-flop at the mention of his new mate. But she loved Aliac and she loved Sunny, and she was very happy they had found each other.

It sounds like you've had a tough year, she said, swallowing back her own grief. But congratulations! Your sister, Lavender, got married as well. She and my brother Huskarl are very happy together. They've been looking after Eventide and Timberlake together.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
"Lavender got married?" he repeated slowly, shocked that she had already found someone. Then again she had been a sweet, kind, pretty thing and he was sure any guy would love to have her to hold and protect. The part about Eventide and Timberlake made his heart swell and he felt a lump rise in his throat, struggling to swallow it back "I'm... I'm glad they got to stick together. It makes me feel a bit better. Like i didn't completely lose em cause they're out there somewhere" he said this hoarsely, like he was a bit torn up about it. Which he was. He held her gaze for a moment and stepped forward, reaching out and touching his nose to her cheek "Thank you for finding them. I...I felt like I lost all my family. Everyone....they just left and I knew they were alive but after all this death I never...well..I never really assume anything anymore" he whispered and took a step back, ducking his head awkwardly. "Are you here to stay?" he asked hopefully.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling felt sorry for Sunny - it seemed like he'd taken Morningside's dispersal very badly. She didn't necessarily blame him, but she also wondered if he maybe had a somewhat unhealthy view of the whole ordeal. It was likely colored by the deaths of his uncle and father, and by Aditya's choice to go his own way.

"Do you know what Spot would say?" she asked tentatively, giving Sunny's chin a gentle kiss. "Home is something you carry in your heart. No matter where you go, you take it with you. And if wolves were all meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of legs," she said in a gentle, cheery voice, hoping to tease him out of his sorrows. She did not know, but guessed that Sunny's father had probably said very similar things during his lifetime - they'd certainly sounded like old sayings coming out of Sunspot's mouth. "Your family's still out there - and they haven't stopped being your family just 'cause you can't see them." She wanted to remind him that she'd left her parents behind as well, but it didn't seem to be in good taste.

"I'll stay with you, Sunny," she promised with a little wag of her tail. "I have to report back to Spot and let her know what's happened, but maybe you can come with and see everyone. It would do you good, don't you think?"
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The sound of voices caught her ears as she approached, walking the borders per usual. A smile of welcome stretched her face when she spotted Sunny and the wooly female, who looked. . .well, quite cozy together. They seemed familiar with each other, anyway. The blackbird gave a chuff of greeting and pulled up to stand close by.

Hallo, she said cheerfully, glancing toward Morningside's former leader. Sunny, is this a friend of yours? A Morningsider who got lost along the way? She turned to the girl, her eyes warm. My name is Lily. This is Elysium, a sanctuary. We took Morningside in when they were going through some hard times. I don't know how much he's told you.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
His ears slowly perked, expression changing to something close to bittersweet happiness as she quoted Sunspot, someone he recalled his father mentioning once in a while he vaguely remembered her being his  dad's sister or something. He had never met the woman but the words Rae spoke were familiar anyway in an aching sort of way. They sounded so similar to the stuff his father used to say to try and make him and Dawn feel better, the advice he used to give that made him so incredible. Sunny felt another lump rise in his throat but this time it was different. he wasn't sad but instead he felt as if perhaps this was a sign that somewhere his dad was watching and still trying to help support him and guide him. "He's...She's right. You're right. I need to stop acting like I made some massive mistake....If I hadn't we all could have died. Besides...I still have my friends and family here even though it's not Morningside." he smiled and cleared his throat, feeling the cloudy gloom that had plagued him for so long fade away. At her suggestion that he go with her to see them all he was so badly tempted to jump right into it but the reminder that he had to watch over everyone here kept him from speaking immediately. He opened his mouth to respond but just then the chuff from Lily interupted and he turned to see her arriving. 

He offered the leader a smile and a friendly wag of his tail and let Lily do her thing. When she was finished he started by answering her questions first "In a way she is a lost Morningsider yeah...but from a while back. This is Skraeling, a really close friend of mine. She knows pretty much everything. She was...well she was just asking if i'd accompany her on a trip for a little bit and we would both be returning together. Would that be a problem?" he asked the woman. He would stay if he was needed and of course he would tell Aliac and Aviana before going off but he really wanted to go.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling's tail wagged furiously as Sunny seemed to agree with her, his spirit lightening before her eyes. Oh, she so loved to ease the burdens of others, and most especially of those whom she loved. Her cool green eyes were warm upon her old friend, but soon turned to the dark beauty as she approached them.

"Oh my," the girl murmured to herself, taken in by the comely features of Elysium's Satori. The girl listened attentively to Lily's introduction, and was pleased to hear that the Morningsiders had found themselves among such sweet and charitable folk. Her head swivelled back toward Sunny as he requested leave from Elysium, and her heart thud-thudded at the thought of such a journey with such a sweetheart, but here, she had to say her own peace: "Oh please, Sunny, I should like to see Aliac and Pema before we go - and anyone else who's still around." She turned large, pleading eyes to Lily - "If you'll have me, of course! I do need to go back and see Spot, but if you can only spare one of us when the time comes, I can surely make the trip alone."

She gazed between the two of them, at loathe to think of leaving when she'd only just been reunited with the Morningsiders, and very much desiring to make Lily's acquaintence.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She dipped her head to Skraeling with a gentle grin, though it dimmed slightly at the mention of a trip. She didn't begrudge anyone the chance to explore, but it was winter, and getting colder by the day. Lily was sure they were capable enough. . .but she would worry. She wouldn't stop worrying.

I don't suppose I can stop you, she said, a wry smile tugging at her mouth. What's the trip for? Can it not wait until the spring?

Lily focused on Sunny, tail swishing slowly behind her. It's not as if I don't trust you, Sunny. I just worry, she explained, giving voice to her thoughts. Of course you both can go--just be careful out there. It's not the best season for travel. Of course, she had never really liked winter much. Perhaps these two were happier with it than she was.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The both of them made it clear that he'd have to wait a bit for the trip and he gave them a sheepish smile, his tail swaying slowly behind him. They had helped him realise he couldn't quite go running off at the moment, not in the middle of winter so close to breeding season and when Elysium would need as many able paws as they could get. "I think it can wait till Spring. Maybe by then Lavender will have pups I can tell stories to." he gave Lily a warm smile and then nudged Rae playfully "Besides...it would be really nice to get to know you all over again. I bet Aliac will be happy to see you And" he hesitated, fighting a wave of sadness "And Pema really needs a friend right now" he said in a softer voice.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling decided not to mention that Sunspot was unlikely to allow Sunny's sister to breed. Spot said she was bad stock, and it would be kindest to let her genes die off with her. It seemed a bit harsh, but she'd learned to trust Spot's judgement in these things.

"To visit some family, just so they know we found each other," she said to Lily. "Our families have claimed a territory about a fortnight's walk east of here."

She wanted to know more about the pack here and how it differed from Morningside, and if Lily liked plants or wanted to hang out and cuddle, but Sunny's tone drew her attention away from the lovely girl. "Is she not doing well?" asked Skraeling, her heart jumping into her throat.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily nodded, glad that Sunny had chosen to put the trip off. It could wait. She wasn't keen on the idea of fretting over Elysium members out there, in the cold, when the journey itself (and back) took up a moon's time. Besides, she liked Skraeling, and was eager to get to know the girl better.

Thanks, Sunny, she murmured, smiling in gratitude. Hopefully winter will go by in a flash.

They began to discuss things and wolves that went over her head, a little, and she took a respectful step back, letting them work it out without her staring them down. After a while, and with a soft farewell to the former Morningsiders, Lily slipped away, resuming her patrol.