Totoka River if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry suppressed a wry smile as the boy reacted. He half-expected a powerful thrust or some attempt at a roll from the veiled youth, and yet what he was given was something that struck Embry off-guard. He saw the origins of the motion before he shut his eyes tight, anticipating the collision of their craniums. 

There was an odd thumping sound before the sand and sable bodies split. Embry bit back imprecations as drums clashed within his temples; a cold and pervasive pain that sucked the breath from his lungs. Perhaps there could have been more strength behind the blow, but what made it truly impressive was the precision behind it. Right between the eyes is where it really hurt. 

He wheeled backwards and tried to shake the spotlights flashing through his retinas. Every motion was marred by watery vision and audio. He shifted into a defensive stance, relying on his muscles to guide him to a familar position where he could prepare for an offense.

Embry would remember that one. It was (literally) stunning.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
RE: if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself - by Embry - January 08, 2019, 05:14 PM