Totoka River if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry sniffed as his saturnine adversary receded, blue eyes trailing the contender with judicious reticence. He raised an eyebrow as if to suggest upon the undisturbed air, I have played all the cards I care for the time being. It's your turn to pull a few. 

His brow only lifted further at the sound of the stranger's voice. Enough, eh? He scanned the boy and, as he spoke, began to offer a small nod in assent. Slowly, he met that wild gaze with an equable constancy. It was clear that both were diluting copious amounts of energy in this interaction, and Embry was well aware that even before he had touched the male, a fair deal of trauma had been present upon his battered flanks. Still, he was hesitant to officially conclude their skirmish, for he was only just beginning to gain a sense of traction. 

"Only when I want to," he tipped his head with a sense of approbation, though his features remained otherwise impassive. This was still a hostile negotiation, whether he liked it or not, and he had a duty to these shores above all else. Nevertheless, Embry was not one to neglect a fellow warrior, and he likewise retained a civil composure. 

"You look a bit hapless - not that it's much better than myself, I suppose. No doubt I haven't been the first of your tangles..." and he paused to watch the boy; grateful that he did not flee. Indeed, he had redeemed himself from his brusque introduction by standing his ground. There was no better indication of a potential mercenary than the sheer refusal to simply turn tail and escape. 

"I won't attack again so long as you render no provocation," his tone softened, but it did not reach the oceanic depths of his gaze. He could hear the waves in the distance, calling him home. Embry hoped he had served his mentor justice today in reciprocating the didactic nature of the seas. "Perhaps one day - granted, upon more affable terms - we might meet again for a good spar. Should you make a fracas again near these shores, tell whomever confronts you to notify Embry." 
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
RE: if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself - by Embry - January 10, 2019, 08:21 PM