Felltree Marsh alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
"Y - yes... nowhere," Cadeau echoed in reply, trying to mask the insecurity behind a nod, as if it were common knowledge. She bit her tongue, realizing she had stuttered. "I mean... I don't have to belong anywhere, you get to see more when you don't have roots to plant anywhere. Nobody can..." Nobody can hurt you. "Can... control where you go and do," she said instead, hiding behind a false sense of aloofness, nobody got curious when you acted with confidence. 

She missed her family with a passion that burned hotter than fire, she had been a daddy's girl and her mother had been her rock. Cadeau sucked in a breath and forced the words out, "They don't need me around. I was getting to be too much of a burden so I flew the nest, you know, find your own way, join a... a pack." She spilled so many truths marked in lies but it wasn't like she would get close to Illidan for him to know them. "Be a wolf. We are both better for it, my family and me, I mean."

Why would anyone befriend a halfling anyway? A misfit who couldn't control either side of herself? She was grateful for the company but it only served as a reminder of how lonely she was.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
RE: alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them - by Cadeau - February 19, 2019, 08:03 PM