Felltree Marsh alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
The jig was up, Cadeau could tell when Illidan spoke, bringing up that what she was didn't matter as much as she made it out to be. Cadeau didn't want to openly admit it but was there any point of dragging out the lie when it was so blatantly obvious? 

She heaved a sigh and bit the bullet, keeping her eyes locked on his so she wouldn't chicken out. "I can't control myself," Cadeau told him. "I... lost control of my instincts and ran away from home. I wasn't being honest with you and I'm not sure I even should be. We literally just met." 

Feeling guilty she averted her eyes, fearing his reaction. She was spilling her heart to someone she barely knew, not one of her smartest feats but she supposed the emotional baggage had eaten away her resolve. Cadeau hoped he wouldn't ask for specifics because she did not want to relive the memory of killing that dog, the memory of the human shooting her father in front of her because of what they were, the grief of her mother's face and how hard it was leaving her behind to protect her from herself... Everything that stemmed from the important question of 'what happened to you?' 

Frustrated, she huffed, no longer looking at him as she walk at his side. "It ruined my family and my life. It does matter what I am. You shouldn't even be nice to me like you are, I don't deserve it." Cadeau pinned her ears. "I always hurt somebody in the end because of what I am." I might even hurt you.

Cadeau stopped walking when Illidan brought his idea into light, he seemed very serious about it and the thought of encountering other wolves scared her. "I'm not sure. If my old home chased me out why wouldn't these wolves, Illidan? I feel..." Afraid! I feel afraid and I don't want to drag you into my mess... She made a thoughtful face, shuffling her paws. "You and my dad are... um... the only wolves I've ever really met since leaving. I was planning on going on solo until... I dunno, forever?" Part of her hated how tempting his idea was, to go out of her comfort zone to mingle with other wolves and perhaps find the place she could belong. "I'm not saying no but I'm just not sure," she hastily added, not wanting to seem as if she were shooting his plan down. "It could be risky..." You used to live for risks, my how time has cowed you, Cad. She idly wondered if he had other reasons to suggest this idea, it seemed odd to do so just because of a stranger but she didn't feel brave enough to ask him. Not like she had any right to either with how much lying she just did. If she was going to possibly tag along with him being honest was important. 

Even if the honesty tasted bitter on her nervous tongue. Cadeau hoped she could find an ally in Illidan, his company so far was most pleasant. Would traveling with him to meet a few wolf packs really be the end of the world? He didn't say she had to pick a pack in the end, though it seemed to be the desired outcome of the adventure. She was curious now, he mentioned it would be good for the two of them, was there something internal that he too was facing? Cadeau furrowed her brows, deep in thought a moment.

As he reassured her about his wounds, she absently reached forward to lick at the injury on his shoulder. More so to comfort herself than him because she felt she owed him for being so nice to her. "You shouldn't have to endure worse to admit to me you're hurting at all, Illidan." She gave him a more honest smile. "Don't be shy if you need to sit a moment." If... if hes so willing to help me than I will do what I can to help him too. The thought made her feel better somehow. Like she had a friend.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
RE: alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them - by Cadeau - March 01, 2019, 08:00 PM