Felltree Marsh alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau swallowed a thick wad of saliva when he asked of what she had done, the young halfling struggling not to just turn tail and flee. It was still too soon, the wound too fresh and the pain the memory brought made her want to drop dead herself. This was not what she wanted to confront, a past she was trying to run from. The wolfdog tried to keep his eyes but the anxiety remained in the depths of her bones.

Illidan was right though, he couldn't help her if he didn't know all the details but at the same time did she even want help? She didn't deserve it, Cadeau sighed heavily and shifted her weight to and fro.

"I did something really bad," Cadeau began, her eyes staring at his wounds, looking faraway as if she were not really seeing him. She could see those lifeless eyes and the blood oozing from the torn throat.

Then there was the judgement, twice as hard as it was prior, in the wake of the accident. The dogs had demanded she be cast out of the town, or else they would take matters into their own paws for the killing. They had barked loudly that she was a threat, a walking time bomb due to the wolf half of herself. "She's already killed once! She has the taste for blood now, Maela! Let us at her or we will do it by force! You have three days to get that thing out of here." The words echoed in her head.

Her mother had been in danger, all because of what she was. What her instincts had made her do. "I'm... not safe to keep around. I..." 

She pinned her ears and clenched her teeth, turning away to avoid his judgment. "I didn't mean to do it. I thought I could control myself but I let myself slip up for just a second." She had just been minding her own business, wandering through the town when she remembered seeing a blur rush passed her from beneath the picket fence. In that split second a powerful urge took over, instincts deep inside telling her to chase it.

Cadeau kept her distance, as if afraid she could harm him. "It's like I got two voices in my head and... I hurt someone really badly and nothing will bring them back." Cadeau had ran after it, the wolf in her enpowered by the thrill of the hunt. What she thought was a rabbit or a squirrel had been anything but that... it was a small fluffy dog and Cadeau could still taste his blood on her tongue. The horror still pooled in her belly.

I killed him, the words clearly said but Cadeau was much too afraid to say it. She didn't look at him, brown eyes staring into the forest as she fought a tremble. Her paws itched to take her away from here, Cadeau knew any possible fresh start was flushed down the drain now. She was good at running away, she could keep it up if she had to, it meant she couldn't hurt anyone. Cadeau could burn this bridge down before he could even try crossing it, heart thumping in her ears. I don't know what I'm even doing right now... 

This was a terrible idea, Cadeau didn't chance glancing at him as she caught her bearings. "I - I should go. I'm sorry." She made to shuffle away but paused, hesitant as she turn to look at him. He was hurt, she couldn't leave him like that. She promised to find him willow bark for his pain and salt for the wounds. "No, no... you're hurt. I'm supposed to help you." She spoke a tad softly but still loud enough he could hear but Cadeau wondered listlessly if he would even accept medical aid from the halfling now that the skeletons were out like they were. For heavens sake the male had been attacked and here she was confessing after getting him to accept help from her that she'd maimed someone! Cadeau strained her eyes not to jump away from his face, feeling small.

Helplessly she dared to speak, mind feeling fried and tired. "Please just tell me what I'm supposed to do." Do I leave or do you trust me to stay? Cadeau knew she rambled enough self pity for a life time and she wanted nothing more than to shut her traitorous antsy tongue once and for all.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
RE: alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them - by Cadeau - March 11, 2019, 08:11 PM