Felltree Marsh alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau hadn't been expecting that reply at all, the young halfling jerking her head back as if he'd just slapped her. She was more so prepared for a call out if anything else, much like how the dogs had. "So what?" The words echoed in her head and she stared at him like a deer in head lights, blinking slowly in stunned silence.

Eventually she found her words and spoke, "So what? I could accidentally hurt someone else again, that's what!" Cadeau frowned. She fell quiet when he spoke again, eyes watching his every word. She couldn't help but admire how direct he was, it still hurt though Cadeau knew it was what she needed to hear. There was no sugar coating out here, that Cadeau had picked up on her own after she first began to live out in the wild like this. 

"You're going to have to decide whether or not you want to survive out here." Cadeau averted her eyes a moment, gathering her thoughts before looking him straight in the face. "And what if there isn't anywhere I can survive out here?" She furrowed her brows. "I didn't fit in with the world I was born into so why would I survive here either? No matter what I decide the other half of me isn't going to belong. Dogs can't be wild, wolves can't be tamed and I'm the living proof of it." Cadeau's eyes were hard, as if challenging Illidan to prove her wrong. She had a paw in two worlds and two halves of herself that were vastly different, unable to properly coexist. In the early days her father had taught her some things about being a wolf and with his death she didn't just lose a father but a teacher as well. She knew nothing about this wild life she'd been forced into by the dogs.

She sighed, "I don't know the first thing about living like... well, you." She had scrapped by since leaving home, poaching leftover kills and munching greenery and picking off smaller animals. Cadeau could fight but with her smaller stature and rusty use of it she avoided confrontations whenever she could. Her thinner build hinted at a poor diet, she had made it on wits alone. Street smarts did not translate into wilderness survival however. There weren't trash cans to ransack or alley cats to chase off for pickings. It was fight or flight out here, and Cadeau had gotten the fight beaten out of her a long time ago.

Cadeau flicked an ear nervously, knowing her words were of little help or benefit in this moment. "I was taught not to act like the other thing I am, Illidan. All my life. I wish I could tell you what I want to do because the truth is I don't know.It seemed she never knew anything these days, she lived on second guesses and mistakes she was scared of repeating.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
RE: alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them - by Cadeau - March 21, 2019, 05:22 PM