Felltree Marsh alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau let her ears lay flat against her head as he spoke, not liking what he was saying but knowing that he spoke with the truth she needed to hear. It was honest, direct and it hurt. It reminded her why she was running like a coward because she feared the pain and trauma but it was something she couldn't escape the more she let Illidan's words stew in her mind. Cadeau listened to him speak, the fight in her weakening into resolve as she heaved a breath that felt heavier than any brick she had thrown at her. 

"You're right," she said listlessly, tone emotionless a moment before Cadeau continued to speak, "I know you are completely right but... its hard to get over. I want to wash my paws of it, some wounds just don't heal like that though. You know... easily." Cadeau grimanced as she said the word, like it tasted bad. "I don't need you to sort me out, that's for me to do." She straightened herself up in a display of acceptence despite her eyes seeming hurt still. It was a step in the process at least. "Its my baggage to sift through."

Act how she felt she should... Cadeau wasn't sure what that meant exactly but she let herself drift back to the depths of her past, the emotions and instincts she repressed since the day her father died as a puppy. The urge to chase, the urge to fight, the urge to track and to hunt... The urge to be wild. It almost sounded taboo but Cadeau had a hunch it was what she was meant to do out here. What she was meant to be. "So if I see a car running by, I better listen to my head and chase it down?" She said in a quip, it held a flicker of humor to the words as she gave a waned smile on her face. Of course he probably wouldn't know what a car was but that wasn't the point. It was her way of showing Illidan she was willing to try, even if joking probably wasn't the best route to take after such a serious discussion. It would make her feel better at least.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
RE: alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them - by Cadeau - April 01, 2019, 08:41 PM