Hushed Willows Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He had been sleeping, a strange and abnormal thing for the Morningsider who was normally up and moving before the sun had a chance to warm the earth. He had been dreaming of Dawn, they were hunting a sheep together and just as they were about to bring it down it opened it's mouth and howled a mournful sound. Shaken Sunny opened his eyes and peered around trying to sleepily figure it out when it clicked into place all at once. Faye. Aviana. He gasped and stood up immediately awake and rushed for the den of his Beta shivering though not from the cold. He stopped at the entrance to their den and saw a lifeless Aviana, frozen in sleep and Lily holding Faye who was now parentless. Slowly he walked inside the den and sat down by Aviana's body, she looked so peaceful that Sunny immediately knew she passed in her sleep. He slowly released a shaky breath and swallowed thickly trying not to cry in front of Faye and Lily. Instead he buried his nose into his friend's fur "Thank you for being there for my father and for me. I hope wherever you go that you are happy. I hope to see you again Aviana" he whispered to her, believing just like his father that she too could hear his words. He took a moment to allow a few tears to slip free and drip into her fur before sitting up. 

"She will...um....She will be buried..." he had no idea where to bury her. Should he bring her to where Chaska and his father were buried? Would she want to be buried here where Faye could visit her all the time? Would she want to be buried back at the Maplewoods where Morningside was? She always thought of Faye, so he went with that. "Do you have...a special place anywhere around here that she could be buried at? I think she would want to stay close to Faye even now" he asked this in a shaking voice, hating that even now he had to be a leader. So much loss. Why was there so much loss in his life? He then remembered Faye was right there and slowly moved to her. Aviana would want her to be looked after. "Faye....Do you want to pick a place? somewhere special?" he asked her gently his eyes filled with sadness. Maybe asking her where to bury her mother wasn't a good idea but honestly he thought teaching children death wasn't to be feared was a good thing. His father had taught him that and it was the sole reason he probably hadn't lost his head after everyone kept dying.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - by Sunny - January 14, 2019, 05:34 PM