Morning moon
147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi

There was a special time of day, right before dawn, that the world was peaceful. Before the birds began to chirp, and before the little creatures began their adventures for the day. The peace was time for those who took time to meditate in their lives, Kodokuna was one of those. Kodokuna took this time every day to relax and think of the dreams she had, or what she would be facing in the next day. The soft patter of her paws was the only sound as Kodokuna walked out from the small hiding hole she had spent the night in, away from her pack lands.

The sky was brilliant, still purple from the night, yet the hues of red and orange that came with dawn were beginning to peak out. The most stunning feature of course was the morning moon.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
I hope you don't mind Fin! I need to get further in Summer's first thread and see where it goes before I play him elsewhere. I also hope you don't mind that I borrowed your lovely words ^_^

<style type="text/css">.Summer01 b {color:#587c95, font:12px calibri;}</style>

There was a special time of day, right before dawn, that the world was peaceful. Before the birds began to chirp, and before the little creatures began their adventures for the day. That was Finley's favorite time. Because a time when no one else was making a sound to break the still was a time that Finley Blackthorn could make a REAL entrance.

She had been out for her morning run, just like she did every morning. This morning, however, was different, for this morning was one of the first upon which she had decided to venture away from the Plateau and out into the Flatlands surrounding them. She wanted to stake her claim upon the land she gazed at admiringly each day from the edge of her new home. She wanted to see everything there was to see on every inch of land in the entire world (seriously, every single inch. Ambitious is not a big enough word for her), and the Kintla Flatlands seemed like a good place to start within the Teekon Wilds.

That's when she came upon something that fascinated her beyond the gorgeous sunrise creeping up upon the horizon. And, in typical Fin fashion, she announced her surprise with.. well, a REAL entrance.

"DUDE!" Fin nearly shouted as she leaped into view of the two-toned female, "You look AWESOME! Is that dye? Were you born that way? I'm Fin! I love your eyes!" She plopped down onto her haunches, tail wagging frantically and tongue lolling out as her head tilted to the side with the weight of her curiosity.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
I don't mind at all ;3 I just want to role play XD

Kodokuna jumped about six feet in the air as a loud bark disturbed her silent reprieve. She looked up at the new wolf, smelling the strange pack on the canine. She was not familiar with the scent, but she also had not traveled this far and met a pack wolf. She stared in an awkward horror for a short while before backing up a few feet.

The stranger gave no sign of being a threat, but that didn't mean she wouldn't have angry pack mates following her. "I-I who are you?" She felt her ears go back and her fur stand up on end. Anyone would have thought she was feeling agressive, but her tucked tail and down cast eyes said fear. She was not expecting anyone around at this hour of the early morning.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
This is abysmally short Xx; I need to run out on my lunch hour today and wanted to get a reply in!

Fin's ears and tail fell slightly as she realized she had scared the poor super-cool-looking wolf. She bowed her head apologetically and lowered her stance a bit to communicate that she wasn't a threat. With a warm smile, she let out a soft whuff meant to comfort.

"Sorry about that, I get overexcited sometimes..." the silver lady said with a grin, "I'm Finley Blackthorn, and your coat is really quite amazing." It so was too.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
I will raise you my own short response XD

"Well that's a first." Kodo replied to the compliment with a small snort. She had very rarely gotten anything positive said about her coat. A lot of questions, or nothing said at all but rarely anything kind. There were only a pawful of times she had been complimented on her looks before.

Kodokuna relaxed slightly as the other canine calmed a bit. Her tail relaxed from between her legs and her ears perked slightly, her body following suit.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Fin's head cocked lightly to the side as the other female spoke. How could that possibly a first? The silver Blackthorn was not a judgemental creature. She saw friendship everywhere she looked, including where she shouldn't. She shook her head lightly with a little laugh, "I don't know how that's possible. I've met wolves who paint themselves in berries and dirt and sand to make themselves stand out. You do it effortlessly, so why would you not be complimented when they are?" Logic: The enemy of prejudice.

"Do you come with a name?" Fin asked after pondering her words for a moment. She assumed the woman did. She certainly came with another wolf pack's scent, afterall. That pack had to call her something.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
"Oh I'm sorry, I'm Kodokuna of the Sunspire pack." She introduced herself with a small smile. She looked around at the sky which had lost the beauty of the moon and was being greeted with the bright sun. "What pack are you from?" she asked looking over to the wolf.

"I've never seen a wolf paint themselves to look differently, is that common in these parts?" She asked slightly puzzled, why would a normal wolf want to look abnormal as she did.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Kodokuna. Even her name seemed two-parted. Fin wondered briefly if she preferred Kodo or Kuna, but decided against asking. If she asked, then she would have to call her whatever the two-toned woman said. If she didn't ask, then Fin could come up with a sweet nickname for her, like... KK, or... KoKu or...... or...... It'll come to her, don't worry.

"Hm, I've never heard of the Sunspire pack," Fin's brow furrowed in thought, "Then again, I haven't been around these parts in about a year, so I doubt I know any of the packs besides my own." She would though. The Blackthorn was not one for sitting idle, which was why she had been a lone wolf for so long.

With a little swell of pride, she replied, "Black Deer Plateau, I just joined a few days ago." She hadn't been with them long, but she already was feeling more at home, and also feeling a greater sense of self-worth.

"Not around here, I don't think," Fin replied thoughtfully, "None that I've seen yet anyway. A little ways further NorthWest of here, I ran into a whole pack of them. It was a little strange." Especially when they chased her out, thinking she was a satanist because she wouldn't paint her own coat for their God. Weirdies.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
"So I am strange as well to you?" She asked trying to clarify what the manic wolf was trying to get across. The strange She-wolfs mind was jumping from idea to idea and Kodokuna could only watch in confussion.

"I just joined my pack as well, I traveled a year to get here." She said in hopes of connecting with Finn.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

"Nope, you seem normal to me. Not unless you painted yourself as a sign of devotion to your God.," Fin replied nonchalantly, dropping to her haunches to settle in for a nice conversation. She could tell KoKu (that's the one!) was self-conscious about her appearance, and while that baffled the Blackthorn, she knew better than to keep pursuing the topic. She'd definitely ask later, and probably wouldn't rest until she knew more about it, but for now, she was content to talk background.

"Did you know of this place before you arrived?" Fin asked curiously.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
"No, I was just traveling, hoping to find somewhere to call a home." She said looking down at her paws. She let herself smile slightly, her tail moving in a soft wag. Back and forth and back and forth. Her two toe tail looking like a pair of koi moving like one in yin and yang perfectly in sync. Her body was the epitome of the Chinese lore (That she of course doesn't know about but hey it sounds cool).
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

"And you chose here..." Fin said quietly, mesmerized by the look of Kodo's tail swaying. "It is a pretty nice area, have you seen much of it yet?"

She shook her head lightly to snap out of it, bringing her eyes to Kodo's muzzle so as to politely avoid her eyes. She herself hadn't explore all that much. The Blackthorn was usually more preoccupied with learning more about her packlands to venture out too far. Except for a trip down South once, but that was just to stretch her legs.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodokuna smiled sweetly "Yes, this is the farthest I've gone since I've been here though." She said with a small shrug, sitting down. Her two toned face looked to the she-wolf wondering where she had come from before she was part of a pack in the Teekon Wilds.

Kodokuna moved her gaze down to the ground studying a small leaf, curled around itself as it began to die after falling from its home in the trees. Kono loved watching the cycle of life and death, it fascinated her to no end. She wanted to know why it started and why it had to end in death.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

"How far is Sunspire? Fin asked. While she had always assumed other packs lived in the area, she hadn't run into any of them yet. This was the first wolf of another pack she had met before besides her own. The other had been a lone wolf. Fin wondered about her for a moment, hoping wherever she had run off to, she was happy and safe.

After listening quietly to the bi-colored woman's response, an idea popped into the Blackthorn's head. "Hey, you wanna walk?" she asked, getting to all fours. It was a lovely day, there was no reason why they couldn't continue their conversation and do a little exploring at the same time.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
"A ways away." Kodo replied and looked up when the she-wolf offered to walk with her "I suppose a walk would be ok." She agreed moving to wait next to the new potential friend. She looked around at the bright green leaves and soft blue sky, the day was beautiful.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Fin smiled excitedly as her invitation was accepted. Maybe they would discover something cool, or run into something fun! The possibilities that flashed through the silver lady's mind were endless and varied, and way too abundant for me to name. Most weren't even likely anyway. Some were just plain weird.

The Blackthorn walked without saying a word for a few minutes, just enjoying the company and her daydreams. Kodo didn't seem too intent on breaking the silence, nor did she seem to want to share too much, both of which Fin was fine with. Sometimes quiet was actually nice.

She probably needed a nap and it just hadn't occurred to her yet.

"Do you miss your old home ever?" Fin asked idly. It seemed the moment she had noted the other woman's reservedness was the same moment she had forgotten all about it.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodokuna gave a small nod, "Yes, I do." her answer was short and concise, she didn't want to say too much. She looked around wondering it it would rain today, it was quite humid and made her fur stand out . She put the thoughts of weather tot he back of her mind and continued walking. It was nice to have someone to walk with, peaceful, except for the fact her newest acquaintance kept asking question after question.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Short answer after short answer. For a moment, Finley wondered if the Sunspire wolf even wanted to be there anymore. The paranoia faded quickly though. Of course she did. Why wouldn't she want to hang out with Fin? She probably just wanted some quiet time and good company. Well, Finley Blackthorn was on the job! She could be quiet, she could kick quiet's ass like a BEAST.

One minute...

Two minutes...

Two minutes forty-five seconds....

Three minutes fifteen sec--Was that a bee?

Oh, no. Just a fly.

Bees were so cool.

Dragonflies were the awesomest, though, all buzzy and big-eyed.

What number were we on? It has to be like four at this point.

Maybe it's still three. It feels like three.

Okay, four...

Four and a half...

Four and a half still...

OMG seriously must be four and a half still...

Four and forty-five...

Four and fifty...

Four and fifty-twoooo....

Fi--"So this one time, I met this guy who had eyes just like yours," Fin chattered suddenly, deciding it probably wasn't that she wanted quiet time; it was that she just didn't know what to say! "He was pretty cute. He was brown, though. Like, your typical brown, not like.. Sort of black, but brown, you know what I mean?" She paused, smiling expectantly, waiting for some type of engagement before she continued cause GODS KNOW she had to continue.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodo completely lost it letting out a loud laugh and a grin "You have trouble staying on one topic don't you?" She asked, her tone cheery. She liked this silly wolf, she didn't dwell on things Kodo had no desire to talk about. She turned to face the she-wolf more directly and tapped her nose with her paw "Tag! You're it!" She giggled and sprinted ahead. She knew she was too old to play but she couldn't help but want to indulge in the games of childhood.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Trouble staying on one topic? What did she mean? Self-awareness was not one of the Blackthorn's strongest characteristic. Her reflection on the comment lasted only a moment before she felt a light tap on her noise. Tag! You're it! Fin was dumbfounded for a moment as she watched the girl sprint away, but she caught on quickly enough.

In only a moment, her paws were surging her forward. A laugh erupted from her mouth as she began the chase. She tried to match each move the black and white lady made, trying to compel her legs to be faster and longer than the other wolf's so that she could just make a swipe for her tail.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodo bounded down a hill and made a sharp left behind a tree. She ducked around a bush and jumped into a small pond, hiding from Fin. She knew the water would stop her friend from smelling her out. She smiled to herself, she hadn't played in such a long time. Kodo was thoroughly enjoying her morning with the she-wolf.

sorry they're so short I'm doing this from my phone
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Finley did her best to keep up, but the two-toned female was a slippery one. Fin came upon the crest of the hill and stopped. She heard the splash of water, but wasn't sure if it was Kodo leaping in to hide, or if she had run straight through. She prowled forward, grinning.

"Kodi... Come out, come out wherever you are...." the Blackthorn called tauntingly as she crept towards the pond.

</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodokuna jumped out on top of Fin tackling her before bouncing off. " Come get me!" She squealed and ran off one more, this time down stream through the middle of the river. Her paws made loud splashes and she was soaked but she was enjoying the game thus far.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin let out an "oof!" as she tumbled to the ground after being tackled. She was quick to hop back to her paws with a laugh and continue the chase. She too splashed straight across the pond in her pursuit, determined to catch her friend this time.

"If you could just slow down, just a little bit..." she called out as she ran, "...this would be a lot easier for me!" Fin narrowed her eyes playfully and put on another burst of speed, reaching out a paw to swipe at her friend's tail.
</style>

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodo felt her friend tap her tail and she stopped. "Fine you got me" She whined turning around. "Now I suggest you run!" She giggled, ready to tag her friend right back again. Childhood games had rarely interested her in her youth, but they seemed like a nice way to bond with the hyperactive she-wolf.