Grouse Thicket You're too bright, lower them rays Sunshine
109 Posts
Ooc —
He gave a non committed type of grunt in response to her attempts to get his opinion of his soon-to-be leader more positive. He would decide that for himself when they got there. 

The more he walked with her the more he was certain that this girl hadn't seen anything really rough in life. It made him want to avoid her and at the same time he wanted to protect her, to preserve the cute childlike innocence that Phex had. She drew him in as if she was the last place of warmth and also deterred him for the same reason. If he grew close he could be hurt, whether by being burned by her bright rays or wounded by others who wanted them for themselves. This internal process was happening while she joked around and his silver orbs strayed from the path ahead to the playful girl at his side just in time to catch the pitiful attempt at a mean face. He fought back a bark of laughter, jaws crunching down on the dead things between his jaws causing rabbit and fox blood to flow onto his tongue.

It was silent for a while before she spoke again, asking about the stars. He swallowed back a lump in his throat as he recalled his mother staring into the sky and talking about the glimmering balls of light "find the brightest, biggest star. It's the one that is the first to appear at night. That star is the mother of them all and the guide, it points north. If you get lost, find it and it will be your guide" he had paused and dropped the pretty his  mother's words flowing from his maw before he could stop them. He slowly moved toward Phex and if allowed he would gently stick his nose under her chin and guide her face in the right direction "There. That one. It sparkles brighter than any other. My mother used to say that when you first spot it to make a wish and eventually it will come true" he stood there shoulder to shoulder, speaking in a hushed tone like his mother had used. Like it was a secret story just for him. When he realised how close and personal he had gotten he stepped away and picked up the fox and rabbit "I need some silence, to think about what I'll say to your leader." he said in a more reserved tone, eyes focused ahead of him. "Thank you Phex...for asking me to come with you" he didn't know why he added it, perhaps he didn't want to seem cold or maybe he didn't want to see her frown or think he disliked her. Whatever the reason he gave her a quick smile before motioning forward.
Messages In This Thread
You're too bright, lower them rays Sunshine - by Laroche - January 29, 2019, 12:31 PM
RE: You're too bright, lower them rays Sunshine - by Laroche - February 02, 2019, 03:45 PM
RE: You're too bright, lower them rays Sunshine - by Sacnite - February 03, 2019, 07:31 AM