Shadewood overcast
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

The sun was held like a golden orb in the center of the sky when the snowbird finally ceased to moniter the elk herd, sweeping her ivory gown across the frozen earth and tipping her nose to the wind - it was quiet now, as all were busy engrossing themselves in the daily tasks of a growing pack, each member working hard to maintain and nurture whatever it was they had created; it would be a lie to say Gwen was not proud of them. Most especially of Cry, who she'd been blessed to call her husband.

The empress set off at a light jog, embracing the shivering wind as it whipped by her pelt and whistled to the trees - birds would dance in the clouds, a feather swooping to the ground as soft as silk against the harsh winter atmosphere. The freedom that had welcomed her so generously was not one she took for granted; not when, only a few moons before, she'd been chained and beaten with every last ounce of strength the world desired to plunge her way.

For now, all was calm.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
109 Posts
Ooc —
The day was cold but the sun that shone down hinted at warmth to come. He had begun the process of settling in, of making this place his home for good. The process mainly consisted of constantly roaming the borders, especially after the run in with the madman at the borders a few days earlier. He had been doing so and had finished, heading back toward the den he claimed before he caught a fleeting shape of white dash ahead of him.His silver gaze caught the tail end of a particularly exquisite hind end, a female of snow colored pristine fur. He chuffed a greeting to her, loping after her curious as to who she was and what her place was here.
427 Posts
Ooc —
While the sun hinted at warmth for Laroche, the empress was in store for anything but; for now, she would cling to the peace as it lasted - would hold dear the pieces of her solace until they were torn from her grip and shoved deep into the earth. The chuff broke Gwen from her thoughts, fathomless gaze of the deepest blue shifting around to face the man she'd yet to meet among their ranks, plume of white behind her raising up to wave in greeting.

She would never flaunt her position.

"Hello. You are... relatively new to the keep? I'm Gwen, Cry's mate." With an introduction from her, the snowbird prayed he might gift her one in return.
109 Posts
Ooc —
Woah. She turned around and her eyes, they struck him right in the soul. They were the most beautiful shade of blue, so deep he could lose himself in their depths if he stared too long. It was startling and he looked away, offering a slow sway of his tail in relaxed greeting. She was probably the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and....she was taken. The words doused the awkward attraction he felt instantly, for while he loved women he would never go for a taken one. Now that he was relaxed he offered her a smile "Brand new practically. I am Laroche, it's a pleasure to meet you Gwen" he said now steadily looking at her. The breeze picked up and ruffled his fur, causing a shiver to run up his spine. He wondered if Phex was also claimed. The intrusive thought startled him and he blinked "The Keep. What kinds of people are here? Medics, fighters, providers?" he asked trying to distract himself.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Ivory crown tilted in his direction, the snow queen nodded, pressing the information to her skull before seeking to answer him: "Welcome to Shadewood, Laroche." A curious name, one she might have to enquire about in moons to come - now, though, he posed a question of his own, and she was not one to ignore. "We are built of all sorts of wolves, with varying interests..." then, as an addition to learn more about this agouti man, "...what are your own?"

A streak of sunlight gasped from the clouds to illuminate her features, the empress with the dark behind her gaze; locked away where none could see the crumbling pain she'd chained to the shadows of her head - in appearance, she appeared nothing but friendly, warm and welcome. That was all she ever desired for any to see.
109 Posts
Ooc —
She welcomed him which he responded to with a reserved smile and a nod of thanks. She explained that the Shadewood would hold wolves of all capabilities and he nodded to that as well though he hesitated at her question. He held no real skills. He could protect himself, hunt well enough to help feed the pack as any wolf should be able to. He knew stories of the stars, of weather and nature. He was good at noticing details in people, getting under their skin and prying out information...or at least he had been before his home was destroyed. "I'm..a jack of all trades. I can help with anything. Hunting, fighting, watching children, teaching them. I have skill in gathering information and my parents raised me to lead" he was honest but not bragging "I suppose the only skill i lack is any real healing knowledge"