Silverlight Terrace caredigion
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
All Welcome 
There is still one more farewell he must make before departing this land entirely, and it is more difficult than saying goodbye to Charon and Amekaze. He waits until he has departed the Moonspear entirely, so as to show his former leaders that he will not linger—this choice has been made, and he will go. Hastily, without regret.

But he must bid the proper adieus before flying home to Mynydd to face what might be his last battle. But oh! What a battle it will be.

Llewellyn trots a short distance across the terrace and then stops, wheeling around in the snow. Heart heavy and pounding in his chest, he calls for @Speedy, hoping she will come soon. He cannot bear to wait much longer; he is already missing this place, despite all the pain it has brought him, these past months.

Funny thing, is it not? A place, a role, a lifestyle, completely wrong for him in every way. Yet he will keep it in his heart forever. And when he is king, he will return—he will bring his children here and show them that a place so far from home can still be beautiful and kind, generous, loving. . .

That home can mean many different things, and encompass many different places.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She wasn't far from the borders when she heard his call, and immediately started heading in the way the howl had come. Her first reaction was to be nervous that something was wrong, but his call didn't sound troubled, she tried to push that thought from her mind. She knew he had been having a tough time lately, so she wondered if maybe he needed to talk about something. She was glad to oblige; she always liked being able to help others, but she would especially make time for Llewellyn. Not only had he confided in her, but she had realized since their last conversation just how much she actually felt for the golden man that had lured her here from her lone wolf lifestyle. 

She smiled when she saw him and padded towards him across the snow-covered field. She stopped in front of him, offering a brief nuzzle in greeting if allowed. Llewellyn, she said. Is everything okay? Speedy couldn't help but ask, all of the sudden concerned again that he had called her here because something was wrong.
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
a million years later

Speedy comes more quickly than he anticipated, leaving him with not nearly enough time to gather his thoughts. Still, he must collect them. He dips his head in silent greeting to her, the ghost of a smile gracing his lips at her nuzzle before it disappears again. His sapphire gaze regards her warmly, shifting from feature to feature on her youthful face. If this is the last time he will see his friend again, then he wants to remember every detail.

I am leaving, Speedy, Llewellyn rumbles. My sister came to these lands and found me yesterday. The warriors back home are calling for my return; a rebellion is imminent. I must go and be their king. He says this with the slightest hint of pride in his voice, but more than pride there is duty. There is no choice in this matter—it is victory or death. Staying at Moonspear when he has been summoned by his wolves would be unconscionable.

The prince swallows, mouth moving silently for a moment before it opens to speak again. I will miss you, he admits, a little shyly. Thank you for your friendship. If I survive, I will come back to visit—I promise you that.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
His words settled over her, stealing her breath for a few seconds before she could respond. It was just so much to process. He was leaving? And going to be a king and possibly fight in some kind of war? Concern spread across her face as she imagined him getting hurt or killed. Even though his next words caused warmth to spread through her stomach, she still felt a mixture of fear and sadness at the news that he was leaving. She wasn't even sure what to say at first, and she always knew what to say. She stared at him for a few seconds before finally answering. I understand, she said softly. Your wolves need you, and so you should go to them, she added with a sad smile. 

She pushed her face into his neck, breathing in and committing his scent to memory. Pulling back again, she looked up, eyes shining a little with unshed tears. Just be careful, okay? she said. And then her smile brightened a little more. You better come back and visit me soon and without any horrible injuries, she mockingly chided. 

There was not much left to say and definitely no changing the warrior's mind, not that she had wanted to change his mind anyway; she wanted him to help his wolves, and she could tell it meant a lot to him. She pressed her face into his fur once more, before finally whispering her own goodbye. She watched him turn and leave and was proud of herself for holding back her tears until he was way out of earshot, not wanting him to feel guilty about making her said. She sat there for a while until she collected herself, holding close his promise that he would be back some day as she made her way back to the mountain.