Lost Creek Hollow just another microcosm
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
All Welcome 

It was early evening and the last remnants of warmth had disappeared as quickly as the sun. Nara lay curled up in her den, resting for a short while, when an icy wind blew inside. She'd hoped to sleep for a little while longer, but the cold woke her up, shivering. No use fighting it. She knew the best way to warm herself up was to get her blood pumping.

She set out towards the border. There was less snow there and a path had appeared from the frequent patrols. The evening brought a certain serenity to this place, with only the sound of trees swaying softly from side to side. 

It wasn't long before she caught his scent, and Nara quickly picked up the pace. She had been anticipating his return and was delighted to see that he was home safe. Then she finally saw his dark frame ahead. @Rannoch she called out, breaking into a trot to catch up with him. glad to have you back.

Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Note: Thanks again for starting and sorry for the delay!

Nara was a welcomed distraction from his patrol, and Rannoch slowed his steps as she moved to catch up to him. "Nara! It's been a while—it's good to see you," he replied, offering a smile. "Also, thanks," he added, "It's good to be home." He took a moment to regard the flame-kissed greenery with fondness; it was the golden hour and the forest was aglow. It had been a very long time since Rannoch had truly felt this at home in a territory. Only Neverwinter Forest rivaled Lost Creek Hollow in his heart. 

"How are you?" he prompted once his attention was on Nara again.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

sorry for the wait!

He seemed distracted by their surroundings. And how could he not. The Hollow was a beautiful and safe place, even in winter, with such a variety of trees and plants—some of which she had never seen anywhere else. And not unimportantly, there was an abundance of several species of prey-animals, but only if you knew where they'd hide. Nara had used most of her time to find out. This made her remember something she'd wanted to ask Rannoch about.

I'm good she said, I'm glad I ran into you. I actually wanted to talk to you about something, just to hear your thoughts. Since hunting was so easy in this place, Nara was thinking about using some of her time to learn a new trade. She'd taken an intrest in the variety plants and herbs that grew in the Hollow and wondered if they could be used to treat any illnesses or ease any pain. I was thinking about learning to become a medic Nara started, but I'm not sure it'd be a good fit for me. So I wanted to ask what you thought about the matter. If there was someone whose advice she valued, it was Rannoch's, so she waited patiently for his response. 

Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Note: No worries at all!

Rannoch grew curious as Nara began to speak, his ears standing erect as he focused solely on what she had to say. "Go on," he prompted. 

Nara then went on to articulate her thoughts, and Rannoch nodded when appropriate; he supported her aspirations of training. "I will always support learning a new trade," Rannoch explained, laying out his thoughts as they came to him, "I think that we all could use the support of another medic, especially with at least one litter coming soon." Although their exchange wasn't about him, Rannoch couldn't help himself from pausing briefly to smile shyly at his admission. 

"My only concern would be about your happiness—I want to make sure that you find some enjoyment out of your duties," he continued, his rapture fleeting. "Is there a reason why you think that being a medic might not be the best fit for you?"
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show