Dawnlark Plains Peaceland.
12 Posts
Ooc — Brownie
All Welcome 
All is welcome!

It was partly cloudy, the sun was near to set over upon the snowy terrain of the plains. Hanako sat alone upon a hill, taking a rest from her traveling through the plains. She watched the colors of the sky before her shift and gradients into brighter colors. It seems like it has been a long time when she last caught glimpse of the sun when winter fell. Hanako has always been fond of when seasons change. Every season that she’s went through and experience so far has been a journey. She has been a lone wanderer for sometime now, since she was a yearling with vivid memory of anything before that point. In her dreams, she would see many faces of other wolves that appears to know her and would call her by her name. When she reaches out close to them, they vanish and that when she’ll wake up. A forgotten family and didn’t have remembrance of them. Where she once belong.

The sky was appearing to be darker. Hanako stood up upon all fours and slowly makes her way going downward on the snowy hill ‘til she reached the flat end. She pointed her muzzle up towards the dark burning sky momentarily, then continues onward on the snowy terrain. No other sight of life to be seen yet, until she caught scent of a rabbit that was nearby. It sprang out near her, trying to go hide underground. Amused by it’s bravery and quickness, Hanako kicks off swiftly from the snowy floor to chase after the fluffy brown rabbit.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
There would be no more trips to Duck Lake. In fact, Dawnlark Plains was about the farthest she felt comfortable going, at this point. Lily was a veritable blimp, and only getting bigger from here. The only thing that distracted her from all the negative aspects of pregnancy was walking, even if it was a pain in the ass to shuffle around. At least it was something.

A flash of gray caught her eye, and she watched the she-wolf take off after the rabbit, enjoying the novelty of the swift chase. Even at her most fit, she wasn't this agile. Lily held her breath, hoping the woman would have good hunting luck. She kept still as a statue, terrified that even the slightest movement would distract the game and spoil the pursuit.
12 Posts
Ooc — Brownie
Darting from left to right with great agility of the brown rabbit, Hanako kept at a short distance right behind her prey with the right momentum. Visualizing when it’ll take it’s next sneaky turn, Hanako reached her muzzle out to try to grab on hold onto the rabbit’s fluffy tail. She was closing in on it before the rabbit took a sharp side jump away from her muzzle and continued onward. Hanako as well took a sharp turn in the snow and dashed right after it. She wasn’t giving up that easily, despite how tricky this rabbit is.

Hanako snarled loudly behind the rabbit to give some sort of distraction. Again she studied it’s reactions and tried to foresee the brown rabbit’s attempts of making it’s swift turns from behind. The rabbit leaped a bit off from the snowy floor, startled from her snarl. That’s where Hanako saw the weakness of her prey. Just before the rabbit took a landing, the gentle fae accelerated with a burst of energy to give a quick moment of a sharp bite at the end of the rabbit’s tail again while forcing her whole form to come in. Hanako came to a halt as she slid some in the snowy ground, and slammed her prey down with her bite still holding on and her paw compressing in the the side of the body. Her incisions digging deep beneath the rabbit’s flesh and slowly ripping open. The rabbit squirming frantically beneath Hanako’s paw with her black sharp incisions cutting deep within it’s flesh. Sanguine fluid stained the snowy terrain. Momentarily, the rabbit no longer moved.

Hanako released her lifeless prey and took a step back to have a look at it. It’s lifeless body with a print of her cutting and tearing on the side of the body, loose of fur and skin hanging as blood spilled more. Her vocal chords vibrated, bringing her crania up towards the dusk sky as a soft howl ascends into the cold air. Hanako reached down to pick up her kill by biting the scruff of its neck and gracefully pads onward as the sun was starting to set beyond the plains. She will look for a resting spot to enjoy her meal.

At a far off distance, Hanako noticed a pitch darken figure among the snowy field. Her black twin perks up as her crania tilted a side. She was able to pick up the loner’s scent at a far distance, for her smell and sight senses were quite sensitive. A lone fae? But there was...something that seemed off with this one. Hanako slowly made her way towards the direction of the lone stranger, carrying her prey as it dangled with blood dripping.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Oh, good show! Lily wanted to cheer for the woman, but she kept herself quiet as she watched the huntress take down the rabbit. It was only when she turned and headed toward the blackbird that Lily broke her silence, chuffing in greeting and shuffling down to meet her halfway.

Well caught, she chirped, wagging her tail in delight. You're a natural. A strange compliment, perhaps, from a predator, but Lily had grown up spoiled. Her more able family members had caught her meals for her. (She hoped so fervently that her children would be better equipped to handle the wild world than she had been.)

She cocked her head, intending to ask the woman her name, but fell wordless once more. After all that, she probably just wanted to eat. Lily gave her a nervous smile, shuffling a little on her paws and waiting for the other to make the next move.
12 Posts
Ooc — Brownie
As Hanako came near the lone black fae, she came to a halt to keep her distance. She didn’t want to alarm the stranger of any sort or oppose as a threat. She instantly dropped her kill in front of her grayish paws. She licked the blood off from her maw and bowed to greet. “Thank you...this one sure had tricks. This one just appeared out of nowhere.” She spoke softly as she gazed around in their surroundings, then turned her attention back to the loner. “May I ask, what brings you here upon these plains? I have been wandering alone, and came across here.”

Her soft hazel hues gazed upon the black fae before her. What brought attention to Hanako was her bumpy shaped physique. There was something about her that made Hanako curious...was she injured in any way? Or perhaps something she is not seeing? She didn’t want to impose, so she remained collected to herself and carried a small conversation. She sat down upon her haunches, her black-grayish tail curled up beside her upon the snowy floor. It won’t be long til the sun fully sets beyond the snowy plains. “I’m Hanako. What’s your name, dear?”
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She grinned, thinking that indeed, the rabbit had given her some trouble, but she'd done just fine. My territory lies just over there, Lily explained, canting her head toward the willows. I was out for a walk. My name is Lily--I'm from Elysium. We're a sanctuary.

The blackbird shut down, then, eyeing the rabbit at Hanako's feet. You must be hungry. I should leave you to your meal, she said politely, with a semi-awkward nod toward the kill. She didn't know whether the woman would acquiesce to this or not, but she took a step back regardless, knowing how food-aggressive some loners could be.
12 Posts
Ooc — Brownie
As the black fae took a step back, Hanako reached down to her prey and took a big bite on the bottom half of the rabbits body, quickly tearing the end as more blood gushed. She tossed the half of the rabbit’s end before lily’s paws. “Eat. I had plenty earlier from hunting on a young elk. All that chasing actually took part of my hunger away. Can’t let the rest go to waste,” she informed with a soft tone. Hanako took a small bite of her half. Although her appearance was lean and medium physique, she never did had huge appetites and will get full easily, even off from the smallest prey. “Ahh, please to meet you, Lily. Do you often wander out alone without your pack?” She asked before taking another chunk off of the rabbit’s flesh. Hanako wouldn’t know, she never belonged anywhere nor did had a pack. She would have those dreams...dreams of other wolves around her, a sense of belonging.

A cold, crisp breeze danced through the white covered plains. The burning sky above was starting to shift into night. Hanako looked onward before them, and slowly got up to stood upon all fours. “I am new to these lands,” she mentioned to the black fae. “I am not sure what will come of this place...but it’s peaceful."
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Oh! she exclaimed as the woman instead tore half of the rabbit away and pushed it toward her. Erm, thank you! She was much too pregnant and ravenous for pride to get in the way, and so she bent her head and ate, taking much faster and larger bites than Hanako. Mmm, tha's goo', she mumbled, before remembering her manners and swallowing quickly. Sorry. I'm eating for, like, five now.

Lily licked her chops and paused a moment, considering the question. Yes, I suppose so, the blackbird said. I like to travel. And it's not so terribly far from home that I feel unsafe. At Hanako's admission that she was new, Lily's ears perked up, and she lifted her head. Do you some place to stay? My sanctuary would be more than happy to take you in.

They could really use a good hunter, too. Khali and Sunny did just fine, but the more the merrier, right?
12 Posts
Ooc — Brownie
Her black twins pinned back some against her grayish crania after the black loner mentioned of her pregnancy. That’s what it was that seemed off to Hanako. “Ahh, you’re expecting? A blessing to you and your newborns,” she spoke with a half smile. Hanako watched Lily as she devoured her share of the rabbit. The thought of Lily being alone out here seemed a bit dangerous, especially when expecting pups. Even expected mothers needs time alone, she thought.

Hanako turned herself around and looked further beyond the snowy plains. From lily’s mentioning about a place to stay and about her pack, she shook her crania in response. “No, there’s no home for me.” She took a few steps forward, then looked over her shoulder to Lily. “I’ve been a loner as far back as I can remember...your assumption of your pack taking me in is futile.” Entering a pack’s territory as a loner is illogical. Although she has made allies from previous packs when travelling, maybe it will be a chance for her to learn and understand more of this region.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Thank you, Lily replied, beaming. It'll be my first litter. I'll need all the blessings I can get, she added with a chuckle. She polished off the rest of her portion and then stretched with a small sigh, coming to a standing position yet again as Hanako finished her response.

It perplexed her, to be sure. Lily didn't know why, when given the choice between being alone and having a place among others, that some wolves chose the former. The latter had always seemed much more preferable to her. And since when was precedent a rationale for decision-making? If Lily had kept on doing what she always had done, she would have never left home. Would have never met Ali, Seabreeze, Khali.

Ah, well. She supposed it would be rude of her to try and change Hanako's mind on the matter.

All the best, then, Lily responded, shooting the woman a kind smile. But, well, we would take you in, you know. As long as you pulled your weight and were peaceful and kind. Those standards aren't so high, I think.

They finished up their conversation eventually, and then Lily departed, wondering if the woman would ever come to her senses and arrive at their doorstep.