Snowforest Taiga how can you ever learn what isn't shown
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau took what she could get and despite his frown it encouraged her to smile. She would just make sure to smile enough for the both of them until Illidan could, she decided. She didn't know how far the two would go but it was clear they would be together for awhile judging by how massive the Teekon Wilds were. She doubted they'd even made a dent yet but she didn't care, it would give her time to get to know him. Perhaps even help him like he was helping her. They had no reason to assist one another but in a way that made it the perfect reason to try anyway, as ironic as that was. It was a nice thought that would be a lot of work to see to its end.

Cadeau liked a challenge, even if her record of hiding away recently spoke otherwise. She had to make up for her lost character she supposed. Illidan would get to learn more about her own self as she would him it seemed, the concept intrigued her. At his question about her mother, Cadeau gave a sigh, shaking her head as she collected her words. She needed to ground herself, Cadeau didn't want to seem overly emotional about everything. But damn was that hard...

She supposed adding context would help, it was a bitter sting of pain and relief at being able to just talk about the past with someone. "I know mama misses me and I hate that I've hurt her but... I had to leave, Illidan. They gave me three days after... you know... to give myself up but of course mama wouldn't let me go. She fought tooth and nail to keep me." She paused, wincing at the memory as she recounted the event. It wasn't a case of her mother not loving her but of her love not being enough to quell the flames caused by Cadeau's fatal error. Cadeau looked at his face, her egg-shaped eyes sad. "They would have driven her and Lumikki out, it was better I go before the dogs did anything to the rest of my family." The halfling turned her attention back to the forest and storm outside the cave. She looked thoughtful suddenly as she focused back to him, brows burrowed close to her brown gaze.

Dogs...

"Illidan, can I ask you something?" She cocked her head. The mentions of home made her curious about something and she wanted his input of the matter. Even if she had a hunch it was probably a weird question to ask. "And promise you won't laugh, okay?" Pouting as if to make her point, the halfling regarded him with a mixture of caution and curiosity.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 09, 2019, 03:18 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 21, 2019, 12:50 AM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 21, 2019, 04:57 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 28, 2019, 05:29 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 01, 2019, 07:43 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 04, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 05, 2019, 11:09 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 12:12 AM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 01:11 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 11, 2019, 05:03 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 23, 2019, 08:04 PM