Snowforest Taiga how can you ever learn what isn't shown
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
"Do you think I look good for a wolf?" The question all but tumbles out from her mouth, Cadeau making a face when she realized how the words may have sounded. Ears burning in embarrassment, she quickly added with a slight shrill squeak to correct herself, "Not in THAT way. What I meant was, am I weird looking?" She sounded a touch scandalized. Though she wouldn't lie, with her self esteem a compliment wouldn't be completely unwelcome. That, however, was inappropriate all things considered. "I'm not looking for a score number of one to ten or something. Just... Do I look like a wolf?" Cadeau's face was confused, concerned and comically overly exaggerated as she kept on talking, clearly rambling by this point. She realized now more than ever that it was a stupid question, recalling their first encounter. "I don't really feel like one, that's for sure."

["What are you? You just don’t look like the wolves I’ve seen."] Illidan obviously knew she wasn't a true wolf at first glance, it was how he first slipped through her terrible lie after all. Perception was something everyone had when they really set their eyes on something, it caused Cadeau grief. If only everyone were born blind, it would make her life much easier.

Despite how hardy looking she was for a dog, in wolf terms she was clearly visibly different with her lithe frame and softer features plus a tail that curled on occasion. She had the eyes at least, golden rimmed and sharply shaped. "Back home the dogs and humans could tell I had wolf in me and I wasn't a pure dog so I'm wondering if the wolves will be able see I'm part dog." She paused to cast him something of a smile, subtle at the edges as if to speak that she knew what he may say next. "I know you said it doesn't matter what I am but back home it sure did. So why wouldn't it here too?"

Cadeau squared her shoulders and let out an exasperated sigh that felt heavier than rocks. Dejectedly, she mumbled, "They made fun of me and called me names and stuff, like bigfoot and heavystep." She lifted a wolf-like paw and waved it absently as if to make the point clearer. Cadeau lifted her previously pinned ears, now standing erect upon her skull. Cadeau made sweeping gesture with her forepaw, as if to physically make herself cut to the chase. "Okay, long story short, maybe if I look wolf enough I won't need to tell anyone I'm part anything. Just be a completely normal wolf who has really bad survival skills instead." Cadeau swallowed down the tension in her throat so instead it sat inside her belly, stewing uncomfortably as she shuffled her weight. "I mean... does anyone else really have to know? I could shuck everything I am away for once in my life."

She regarded him with honesty now and wanted his input. "Do you think I should tell the packs, Illidan? Lying to the ones who are gonna shelter you maybe probably isn't a good idea... distrust breaks people apart if they sniff it out." So much for trying to keep her emotions out of it. Cadeau made a frustrated huff, dropping her head between her front legs to pout. Part of her wanted to say forget she said anything because she sounded so pathetic and whiney.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 09, 2019, 03:18 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 21, 2019, 12:50 AM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 21, 2019, 04:57 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 28, 2019, 05:29 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 01, 2019, 07:43 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 04, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 05, 2019, 11:09 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 12:12 AM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 01:11 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 11, 2019, 05:03 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 23, 2019, 08:04 PM