Blackbeak Bluff who alone but he scapegraced and goated me?
Crabs?! Giant crabs?! That definitely sounded like a creature from his worst nightmares, ranking right up there with ponies and Bambi.
110 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Oh, he said once again and somewhat inanely. Oh good. She seemed satisfied, for the moment, and somewhat to his surprise was even smiling at him now. A little. Driftwood dared to relax a hair and reminded himself how to breathe again. He didn’t know what he would have done if the lady hadn’t been in a forgiving mood...not only was he no great shakes at fighting anyhow, what was he going to do, bite a pregnant woman?! But the worst danger of encountering that dilemma seemed to have passed, at least, if this Erzulie’s expression was any indication.

If only she would stop staring, though! Oh, u-um, it’s good to meet you. I’m Drifwood? Wait, no, that wasn’t supposed to be a question, Drift, you idiot. He repeated with a little more self-assurance: I’m Driftwood. Only to be brought up short again immediately after by her query that caught him flatfooted, though perhaps he should have seen it coming at least on some level.

Did he need a home? Yes, in truth— and yet— and yet— Words to that effect stuck in his throat as he found himself involuntarily glancing back over his shoulder to his former island. To the place he had last lived... to whence he had last seen Moorhen. I... I don’t know. Maybe. I guess. Driftwood swallowed hard, and glanced back to Erzulie for a moment before his eyes dropped down to the dirt where his forefoot scuffled a few small furrows of unease. But...not today, I think. His brow creased with the heavy thought, the unexpected realization that he wasn’t quite prepared to move on from Undersea quite yet. That even if Seelie and company had departed, some part of Drift was yet hoping to find Moorhen again and figure out... he didn’t know quite what. Something. Foolish perhaps it might be, but there it was. And running off to join the ranks of this Rusalka would have felt like putting the final nail in the coffin of that private dream of his; a beautiful though fragile bubble he wasn’t quite ready to pop. You’re very brave, though, to be inviting strangers in to darken your doorstep with your pups on the way and all. He summoned up a quick, small smile of his own for her in return.
Messages In This Thread
RE: who alone but he scapegraced and goated me? - by Driftwood - June 16, 2019, 02:41 PM