Shadewood Happy to be Home
139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Well, that didn't take long at all. The baritone voice came from behind her, and much closer than she expected. But at least the words were welcoming. Her throat clenched up and she turned around in surprise, glacial eyes still wide. He was the blackest of blacks, blending in seamlessly with the shadows that hugged the forest. His eyes, a few shades darker than her own, stood out the most. He was large, but not nearly so like Morgan.

Quickly, she followed suit as Atticus did, hunkering down low as the Keeper approached. Had she been totally consumed with nervousness to the point of clouding her judgement and marring her manners, she would have hastily approached in an obnoxious gesture of submission. But Chai wasn't a fearful wolf...nor a stupid one. You simply didn't butt into a strangers personal space, no matter how badly you wanted to acknowledge their status.

"Thank-thank you, sir..." She began, complete with the whole ears back and eyes averted bit. "Your...guardsman..." She paused for emphasis if her terminology was correct. "...he was quite welcoming. Professional...but warm." She shifted her weight nervously on her paws, scooting back an inch to brush her hip against Atticus' ribcage. "I...we...wanted to know more about this place. If it's for us..." Her eyes widened and just as quickly, clenched shut. Oh stupid, she had forgot to introduce herself. "O-oh...I'm sorry! My name is Chai."

Messages In This Thread
Happy to be Home - by Chai - March 11, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Cry - March 12, 2019, 10:55 AM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Percival - March 12, 2019, 09:01 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Chai - March 12, 2019, 10:29 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Cry - March 13, 2019, 04:46 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Percival - March 26, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Chai - March 26, 2019, 04:17 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Cry - March 28, 2019, 07:05 AM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Chai - March 28, 2019, 05:55 PM