Blackfeather Woods But are not the dreams of poets and the tales of travellers notoriously false?
319 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Under dusk's waning light, an exhausted Ramsay continued to march along the treeline. His legs and paws were sore and his bladder was even moreso, but the dwarf was nothing if not driven. Once he started a task he needed to see it to its end. But he was quickly running out of steam, and Blackfeather Woods' border was only half established.

There was always tomorrow to finish the other parts, but with Flicker's ridiculous threat in mind, he would feel better the sooner it was done. It wouldn't provide his sister any tangible protection from whatever scheme her so-called protector had, but it strengthened her position, which could only benefit Maegi. He swept away from the borders on quick paws, stooped at Otter Creek to drink deeply with his muzzle dunked under, then returned to the borders and continued on his way.

As a mercenary, no matter how tired he got, reinforcing their territory was his job. He wouldn't rest until it was done.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she had been wondering if she should attempt moving further out into the lands of teekon, upon arriving she had come from the north and straight to the flatlands for the duration of her stay until joining blackfeather. now that she'd returned from her brief absence she once again found herself sticking solely to the flatlands, only straying to the lands to the west occasionaly. it's not like it was like her either, she enjoyed the freedom associated with being a lone wolf after spending such a period of her life as good as trapped. so why did she feel a constant inexplicable tug towards this one area? never being one to believe in fate or the like she couldn't even suggest it was anything like that.

she particularly found herself lingering near the woods where the pack she'd previously resided in had called their home. once again she couldn't draw a logical reason for this either as despite holding an appreciation towards the former pack wolves and an everlasting respect for the late relmyna she was no wolf for sentiment and knew that was not what kept her here. this didn't help her with knowing what did however and nothing left the pale woman more frustrated than not knowing something, especially when it was to do with herself. the one thing she should have complete and utter control of at all times, she was her weapon and one always had to have true control over such a thing to be a master at it.

despite the annoyane quickening her pace, there was still a ghost like grace to the way she moved- giving her a phantom like appearance as she allowed her paws to carry her wherever they wished. however it wasn't long until a scent would intrude, bringing her to a slower walk as narrowed eyes would scan the area until they came across the darker form of another. a rather...unique form might she add. not a word left her as she came to a complete halt, on the off chance he didn't notice her she'd gladly take it but really she knew she was just waiting for him to spot her for the alert way he was holding himself at surely meant her presence would not go unnoticed. a sudden frown would crease her features as dark eyes would narrow even further upon closer inspection of the rather overpowering scent- was he marking borders? still she remained aloof as she continued to watch silently, however muscles were tensed and at the ready under her plush pelt.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
319 Posts
Ooc —
Ramsay got enough time to raise his leg and mark four more trees before he crossed paths with Tundra. He wasn't expecting to find anyone else on the edge of the forest, and for a moment he had to wrack his brain and try to remember if this was one of Maegi's comrades. But, no; Titmouse was more recognizable even from a distance, and Flicker was presumably gone back to wherever the rest of his disowned clan resided. Besides, Tundra's pelt was the colour of snow, lacking any of the ruddy tones that either of Maegi's friends had.

That wasn't what Ramsay focused on, however. Instead, he was drawn to a pair of large, darkly expressive eyes that seemed colourless in the shadow of the trees. They were narrowed on him, and he paused in his tread to regard her with a cool, guarded expression. It was nothing personal. Ramsay couldn't help but keep a wall up around himself these days. You stand at the edge of Blackfeather Woods, he announced quietly, fixing her with a questioning look. May I be of assistance?
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she is correct in her assumption that her presence wouldn't go unnoticed for long- not that she'd really doubted it at all. the gaze that meets her is a stark shade of piercing indigo but beyond that he returns a look as guarded as hers, not a drop of emotion shared between the two. this was always a way to intrigue the pale woman more for it made the conversation a lot less boring when their true thoughts weren't dished out to you on a plate. he doesn't react with hostility but there is an authority to his words and it is quickly made clear that these woods are no longer open for just anyone to walk through. it is noted however that he does still refer to it as blackfeather. a few steps bring her closer but she does care to remain on the correct side of what she supposes were the new borders, not wanting to spark anger in those purple eyes. 

"oh i'm very aware" she muses, slightly amused but it does little to help with the emptiness to her dark doll-like orbs. today's a good day in the sense that her mind feels a lot clearer than it has in a while, thankfully lacking the uncertainty that had plagued it and messed with her usual demanour when speaking to maegi. "are you with maegi?" the question slips in soft tones from her jaws but there's a cool directness to it and her pressing gaze expresses its want for a straightforward answer.
319 Posts
Ooc —
Ah, another of Maegi's many acquaintances. Ramsay blinked slowly and regarded Tundra a little more narrowly. It was possible she was just another Flicker, and he wasn't as keen on giving the benefit of the doubt as she had been prior to the two-toned woman's supposed change of allegiance during their conversation. Shifting on his paws a little, the dwarf responded in exactly the same fashion he had Cassiopeia.

Who asks after my sister? he wondered, pinning Tundra with a pair of critically appraising eyes. There was suspicion in his tone, but not an undue amount; after all, one had to take care, and from the pale wolf's words, she already knew of Blackfeather Woods. A former member, perhaps? Or someone who had been affected by the former pack's unnecessary brutality? Nothing personal, but I'm sure you understand precaution, he added.
THREADS: 5/5
Thread titles are quotes from H.P. Lovecraft.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she continued to watch the unique little man levelly as his gaze narrowed on her with the words she spoke. her expression would remain as blankly placid as ever until he presented her with a question. sister...so he was maegi's brother? not going to lie she hadn't been expecting that but then again one of the maegi's eyes was a similar colour to his own striking orbs and it wasn't exactly the most common of colours, still there wasn't a whole lot of similarities after that. nevertheless the pale woman had no reason to believe he'd lie so she went with it. "tundra" she'd murmur, head tilting ever so sightly to the side as she regarded him with slight curiosity. he must have returned with maegi because she was pretty certain she hadn't seen him around the woods in her own time there.

she nods at what he continues on to say "of course, wouldn't expect anything less" also aware that a name really provided little information as to who she was, the young soldier presses on to give him enough to hopefully ease his suspicions and make him more open to letting her past the borders. for yes she was now certain that it was indeed what she wanted to do, there really was no point in trying to deny the undeniable tug she felt towards the dark trees. "i met maegi not too long ago and she told me that it was likely that she'd be reviving the pack so i told her i'd think about it if it actually did happen- which it evidently has" she'd save the details, simply providing what would benefit him to know. "i was a former member of the pack- recruited by wintersbane and accepted by the late listener. i had met the dark master previously as well so although i may not know you's personally i do know these woods and trust maegi's leadership." she'd fall into silence then, completely still siding the occasional twitch of her tail as she allowed him time to mull over what she'd given him.
319 Posts
Ooc —
He listened with polite interest to all that Tundra had the share, and when she finished, there was a slight smile tugging at his lips. He didn't need to question her further. She'd not only provided Maegi's name, indicating that she knew his sister, but she also named several of the brotherhood's titles. That meant she'd been in with them enough that he need not worry too much. It was still very possible that Tundra, like Flicker, was a double agent for Damien's branch, but if she was then she was much better at keeping a lid on her intentions. She didn't have the same dismissive air about her, either, which always helped.

I see, he mused, taking a step back and regarding her with a little more warmth. He didn't trust her because he didn't know her, but she at least knew of Blackfeather Woods, had been in its ranks, and she hadn't mentioned whisking them off to meet with their uncle, so that was a bonus. You should know these woods will not be the same as when you were here last, he said as he stepped aside to allow her to pass, having assumed that Blackfeather continued its bloody existence up until the very end. We wish only to live in secrecy and peace, bringing neither trouble nor suspicion to our borders. I am Ramsay Melonii, he offered, at last introducing himself.
THREADS: 5/5
Thread titles are quotes from H.P. Lovecraft.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
he appeared to grow more satisfied with the information she provided- sharp gaze losing some of the former intensity it had regarded her with. she could not help but observe his unique..situation for lack of a better word with carefully disguised interest. honestly it didn't leave her feeling too ruffled, appearances had come to mean close to nothing to her. living life as a soldier definitely didn't leave you naive to the hard sides of life and what it could do to another's outward appearance, even the purest could be warped by life's cruel game. a dull pang threatened her as a memory made a feeble attempt to resurface but having nothing on the tall walls guarding her mind from such things, it would give up and fade away. nevertheless what she was basically getting at was siding the mild curiosity for she'd never seen one with his particular look- it never affected her impression on another and those that winced or grimaced when faced with something not so ideal would be the ones she'd be more intended to feel repulsed by.

such thoughts made no impression on the blank canvas the man was faced with- dark eyes softer but as unreadable they'd ever been. she allowed a soft smile to grace her features as he stepped aside and although the expression did not reach her gaze- it did light up her face somewhat. "i did notice that the borders had lost their former...decorations" she'd muse with soft amusement at his assurance that the pack would be taking a new route in life. a few light steps would have her on the right side of the border, inhaling the thick wood scents gladly before shifting her attention back to the man. "glad to hear it, it's a pleasure to meet you ramsay" her head would dip in polite respect. she'd remain standing near him should he have more to say, otherwise she'd slip away into the protection of the dark trunks.
319 Posts
Ooc —
Yes, Ramsay said with a quiet chuckle. They were meant to ward off enemies, but I think they served better to create enemies. We have no need of them. He wondered who had originally conceived the barbaric practice of littering the borders with bones and corpses. The only progenitor of Blackfeather Woods that Ramsay was familiar with was Meldresi, and he thought a dark priestess was probably smarter than that. But maybe the stories about her greatness were just that: stories. Maybe she was flawed too.

The pleasure is mine, he returned, and then turned back to the woods. If she was someone new he might have offered his time to help them look around the place, but he thought that would be wasted on a former member. Besides, he had a border to return to marking. I imagine you know your way around, but if you have need of me or my sister, you need only call. Welcome home.