Hushed Willows someone still loves you
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
As dusk approached, the children were asleep, and Lily nearly there. Taking care of duties earlier in the day had exhausted her beyond reason. Leadership was no walk in the park, and adding children on top of it made it that much more difficult. Her eyelids were drooping; she yawned intermittently. Something had to be done.

With a furtive army crawl so as not to wake the pups, she wiggled far enough toward the mouth of the den to stick her head out, looking around the dimly-lit clearing. Pssst—hey, @Khali? Are you around? she called softly, scanning the area.

God, she hoped he was. She needed an actual adult conversation, something to respond to besides wordless babbles and screaming. The babbles were okay, she supposed, but the screaming could stop any day now, and she would be glad of it.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Khali had barely left his post that he made himself outside the den, looking over his family to make sure no one got in or out without him knowing who they were. It was new this feeling of being a dad, the love that flowed through him was more powerful than ever before for Lily and the pups. The man wasn’t sure how to take a hold of it other than to sit outside of the den and watch over them. 

Khali had been resting his eyes on his paws when he heard Lily coming to the front of the den. His ears perked and his eyes slightly opened as he looked toward her direction. A smile came across his features as he crawled toward her slowly and quietly making sure he was not to wake the children. Lily looked tired but still as beautiful as she could be. 

I’m always around for you my love. Is there something you need? “ he asked in a whisper his eyes meeting hers as he reached his tongue out to give a wet kiss to her soft cheek. His tail had a mind of its own and gave a soft wag as he waited to see what she needed.
“Swahili” is in blue, he tries not to speak it so no one will know his past.
italics are A flash back or in his head depending on the wording of the post you’ll know.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Luckily, he was not so far off, and she leaned into his kiss, closing her eyes. I wanted to talk to you, she said quietly, pulling back to reveal her face, drawn with exhaustion. If only to talk to somebody other than an infant. But I did want to ask you something.

Was it her place, to offer him this? She should run it by Olive first, Seabreeze, Delight. But then, the latter had been scarce as of late, Seabreeze still trying to find a new normal. . .and Olive wouldn't disagree, right?

Lily needed help. They all did.

How would you feel about stepping up to leadership? she asked, like someone asking about the temperature of a pool they're about to jump into.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Khali smiled and nodded. It had to be frustrating only ever speaking to small beings who couldn’t even speak, so he understood the need of a real conversation every once in a while. The feel he got was it was important even though she just wanted a conversation. For a moment his stomach turned hoping it wasn’t something bad but no emotion showed on his face just the smile he hadn’t put on earlier. 

For a moment it was silence between them and he was okay with that. Then, came the question that blew him away. For anyone to think he was good enough to stand by them and have leadership duties. Well, if they thought that then maybe he should too. Khalis eyes widened and then his jaw almost dropped but then he gained control of himself. “If it helps you and Olive and Delight.” He said nudging her. “You know i would do anything for This pack, especially you” he assured her
“Swahili” is in blue, he tries not to speak it so no one will know his past.
italics are A flash back or in his head depending on the wording of the post you’ll know.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
It was that easy. He accepted, and she let out an obvious breath, her shoulders sagging. Thank you, she murmured, clearly relieved. She pressed her nose into the thick fur of his neck, taking in the warm, steady scent of him. It would be okay. They would be okay.

That means a lot, Lily continued, voice muffled against the cream-gold pelt. Really. We need the help; I can't do as much as I used to, not with the children. As if to illustrate her point, a yawn she couldn't quite stifle rose up, and her jaws gaped wide before she was able to speak again. I'm exhausted.

She gave him a sidelong glance, a tiny smile curving her muzzle. How's everyone else? she asked, as she hadn't been able to make her usual rounds, bar small one-on-one meetings here and there.

The two spoke for a long while, giving her a much-needed reprieve from the squalling of small children.