Blacktail Deer Plateau where was i when the rockets came to life.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
@Blue Willow
I slowed her down enough for a story or two for ya! :)

<style type="text/css">.Summer01 b {color:#587c95, font:12px calibri;}</style>

Clouds were scattered across a dull gray sky with no hint of sun peeking anywhere between them. It made the air seem thick, even up on the Plateau where the air was a little thinner. Rain had drizzled on and off all morning, which had given the Blackthorn an excuse to be something she rarely ever was--lethargic.

Usually, Fin was a rocketship, zipping here and there, exploring new worlds and making sweet jumps between the stars. But when the world was gray such as the day that plagued the Teekon Wilds currently, the spirited woman preferred to recharge her batteries in preparation of the next day when she would certainly be traipsing across the world like a wildfire again.

It was later in the day when Finley finally decided to emerge from her den beneath the roots of the willow tree she had claimed as her own. She didn't manage to go too far. The thirst that had first motivated her to wander, suddenly seemed a distant memory as the whim to rest upon a flat rock that was nestled nearby her tree took her. She trotted happily towards it and hopped up onto its cool surface. After taking a moment to brush away the fallen branches and leaves that littered it, she snuggled down onto her belly, shut her eyes and laid her ears back against her head to enjoy another round of pure laziness.

</style>

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue walked through the entire pack territory looking for new faces she hadn’t met fully yet. She took her duties and responsibilities very seriously especially now that Peregrine was currently indisposed with grief and a broken leg. She missed seeing him zipping around, and she knew it would be some time before she saw the zest and pep back in his walk, if ever. She had to come to the realization that it very well may never happen, sometimes such a thing that rocked your core, you couldn’t recover from.

There was rain in the air, and it made Blue sleepy. Today would be a good day to just have a circle of wolves sitting around, merely listening to stories to pass the time. A lazy day, her father would call it, and she wanted to be lazy, oh she wanted it so bad she could almost taste it.

As she walked she came upon a willow, from which her name derived and came upon a new face. She chuffed gently to the wolf that lay still on the rock that jutted, and she had to smile, such a perch that was. Lucky for the femme she had found it, lucky indeed.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Fin was just about to doze off when her nose brought her ears and eyes to attention as the scent of her alpha entered the air. A smile danced across her face as she approached, her tail wagging gently. She had never before spent any time with her alpha. Maybe today would be the day that she made another friend.

"Hello," Fin said with a jovial grin as she hopped down from her perch to Blue Willow's level, "Enjoying the weather?" She kept her head low and gaze averted out of respect. She wasn't certain how much submission the black wolf demanded of her subordinates, but she didn't seem like the kind who required them to do much more than what she had done.

</style>

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue returned the smile of the girl in front of her, pleased that she was a happy femme. She wagged her tail in greeting as well and spoke softly How do you do? I don’t believe we’ve officially met I am Blue Willow. Quite a perch you have there good for you.

Blue dipped her nose in greeting again at the uttered hello from the other. I am feeling lazy today thanks to the weather. It is more a day for stories and sleep than to be patrolling I’m afraid. Blue did not want a huge show of submission, as long as she was respected and the eyes were not met to hers and the other was a bit lower, she did not say a word. Sometimes even when she needed too Blue did not speak against one who didn’t show the proper submission, but she did watch them closely and growled.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Finley took a look over her shoulder at the rock she had just left and smiled. She was quite pleased that she had found it as well. Admittedly, it had taken her a little while to dig it up for it had been covered in layers of old decaying leaves and fallen branches. The task had been well worth it in the end, for it was now her favorite place in the whole Plateau.

"Thank you, I'm quite fond of it myself," she replied, "I'm Finley."

"I know exactly what you mean about the weather," Finley said with a sigh, "I've actually spent all day just laying around in my den. I thought I wanted to get out and do something, but... well, I didn't get very far." Fin gave her alpha another smile. She was intrigued by the woman's mention of story-telling, but she held back her curiosity until she had given the other lady the chance to respond.

</style>

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue saw the other’s eyes flit to the rock and she smiled. It was a good perch, and she had not noticed it before just foliage and debris. So it must have been a mighty task to dig the ruby out of the rough. But the other had done a good job of it and she was glad she had something for all her hard work there.

Blue dipped her muzzle in hello Well Met Finley. Blue looked around and sat softly to her haunches. She had borders to patrol and food to catch, but she decided that at the moment making a new friend took precedence. Yes I have stuff to do as well, but I am being lazy today. It will get done in time, for now I would like to know more about you? DO you like it here so far finley?
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Finley was very pleased with herself over her alpha's responses to her. She took it as a great personal compliment that the woman was so delightful towards her. She was especially pleased when Blue offered to brush off her obligations for a little while just to speak with her. Part of the Blackthorn was happy because her alpha seemed to be so kind-hearted. Another part of her (maybe a slightly larger part) was happy because it meant that her alpha recognized her as a wolf that was worth wiling away the day with.

"I do, it's so peaceful and lovely," Fin commented, glancing up at the canopy of willow branches that reached down around them. "How long has the pack been here? Have you been with them since the beginning?" She was a curious girl. Exploring the world was one thing, but exploring history was something that pleased her often just as much.

</style>

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled at the other. She enjoyed allowing others into her life. She gave and she gave never taking and yes sometimes it hurt, but she would never take she didn't know how. She was a goodhearted femme and she tried to stay true to that. Like most she could get angry and she could hurt and sometimes she cried where no one could see, but she always faced the day with a positive outlook.

Blue shook her head To be honest I am not sure how long it has been here, and no i have not been here since the beginning. I believe Peregrine has or at least mostly from the beginning. His former mate Hawkeye is the reason we are here. We owe her a lot and sometimes i wish others would tell her that. She is no longer alpha, but withiout her we would not be. This is actually the first pack I've ever been in, i was a traveling healer and storyteller with my parents until a few months ago.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Hawkeye was a name she did not recognize, which came as a bit of a surprise to her. This wolf was apparently very important to the pack, but as Blue Willow revealed, she apparently did not receive the gratitude she deserved. Finley felt a moment of sadness for the woman, whoever she was, and was about to make a mental note to thank her for her contribution to the pack she had grown to love when she was completely distracted by the word storyteller.

Seizing her opportunity this time, Finley eagerly parted her lips to speak. "You were a storyteller?" her tail wagged softly, "That's really neat! I've always loved stories, but I'm an absolute disaster at telling them myself. I think I need to hear more to learn how to really do it properly..." The girl eyed her alpha, all the while thinking to herself take the hint, TAKE THE HINT!

</style>

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue did not expect the girl to know who Hawkeye was, many didn’t. Even though she was a part of the territory and she was a pack member, she was forgotten far too quickly. Granted yes it had been disastrous the way things went and she had made mistakes, but so did Peregrine and for that fact alone, was want to make Blue sad. She did not wish an invisible existence on one who once held so much, but that is what she had become.< p>

Blue chuckled at the girl before her and she spoke I will gladly tell you a story how about a story about a river known as the Columbia and how it came to be She stoppe speaking and thought for a moment to remember then she began.One day, Coyote was walking along. The sun was shining brightly, and Coyote felt very hot. She pretended to be walking and acting like she was hot panting and shaking her head. "I would like a cloud," Coyote said.
So a cloud came and made some shade for Coyote. Coyote was not satisfied.
She acted as if a cloud was above her but she made a disappointed face and shook her head tsking as if to say that just won’t do.
"I would like more clouds," he said. More clouds came along, and the sky began to look very stormy. But Coyote was still hot. Blue sat on her back paws and swirled her paws in the air like a ton of clouds, to come to the ground as if thunder banged.
"How about some rain," said Coyote. The clouds began to sprinkle rain on Coyote.
"More rain," Coyote demanded. The rain became a downpour.
Blue acted as if she was running from the downpour looking up and then down.
"I would like a creek to put my feet in," said Coyote. So a creek sprang up beside him, and Coyote walked in it to cool off his feet.
"It should be deeper," said Coyote.
She again acted the part looking down shaking her head no and acting as if she was demanding more.
The creek became a huge, swirling river. Coyote was swept over and over by the water. Finally, nearly drowned, Coyote was thrown up on the bank far away. When he woke up, the buzzards were watching him, trying to decide if he was dead.
"I'm not dead," Coyote told them, and they flew away.
That is how the Columbia River began.

< p>

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Fin was delighted as Blue began to spin a tale for her. She slipped down onto her belly and snuggled into the soft grass, making herself comfortable so as to enjoy the story to its fullest.

The Blackthorn laughed appreciatively as Blue took a theatrical pace in her storytelling. So few storytellers she had come across were willing to act out scenes or voices. She much preferred those that did to those who put on their best speaking voice and droned on as though none of their characters (nor they) had any personality whatsoever. Blue's performance was masterful.

"Bravo, Blue!" Finley exclaimed as her tale came to a close. She wagged her tail appreciatively in wolfy applause, a toothy smile gracing her face as her tongue lolled happily out of her mouth. "Is that really how it happened? Coyote had that much power? Who is Coyote? I've never heard any stories about him before."

</style>

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
blue's livelihood had relied on her ability to spin a tale from nothing. It had relied on her ability to make it worth them to watch and listen so she was fed and held a warm place to sleep.

Blue chuckled It depends entirely on what you believe there are some cultures that believe Coyote was a god and that he was the bringer of many things, so you could believe that it was made that way or you could believe that it always had been there, or another god or goddess did it just as well.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley had never been a great believer in stories about gods or immortal beings or the like, but that had never stopped her from being fascinated by them. She liked the idea of the all-powerful and the mystic. They were creatures with special abilities, and she so loved things that were special being one who strived so much to be special herself.

"It would be nice to believe, I think," Fin replied slowly, "It makes for a great story, though. Thank you for sharing that with me." She smiled appreciatively.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled You are welcome Finley. She stood then and looked upwards and sighed. i'm sorry Finley I do need to get back to my patrol, but if you ever want another story, please don't hesitate to look me up I love to tell them. then she started on he way, and waited for a brief moment to see whether or not the girl had anything else to say to her before she continued on.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
I'll wrap this up for us. Thanks for the thread!

Fin smiled graciously as Blue excused herself, not faulting the woman at all for getting back to her duties. "Of course," she replied, bowing her head respectfully. Keeping her head low, she then leaned up to press her nose against her leader's chin, flicking her tongue out in a gesture of both reverence and friendship, before backing away and chuffing a farewell.

Fin remained outside for a little while after the woman had left, images of Coyote and his grand doings dancing through her head. She chuckled gently to herself as she imagined what her good friend Chuckles the wolverine would have to say when she told him the story, then turned and crept back into her den beneath the willow tree, definitely ready for round two of all-day-napfest.

</style>