Dragoncrest Cliffs When I came to my senses, I lost all hope.
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Read Only 
In some other time and place, Dacio believed that there was no time but present and no place but Drageda for him - and he would do everything to save it.

A very real fear tightened his grip around his chest the moment he saw Vercingetorix and Aure gather their followers at the edge of their claim some days prior. Their end had begun long before that, he knew, but it marked something of a breaking point. So many had took their leave over the months of Dacio's young life: Bat, Dalia, Wildfire, Kiwi, Sequoia... to remember their names brought him anger and shame, a sharp disappointment that he'd once loved and trusted each of them so fiercely. Their decision to move on was something he'd always taken personally and, as his solemn gaze followed the retreating figures of those he thought would always remain, he felt the bitter sting of betrayal all over again.

Leadership believed they couldn't survive there, not without Heda's guidance or the strength their numbers once provided. Dacio, too stubborn and proud to entertain the idea of abandoning Dragoncrest Cliffs in favour of another branch or another leader, still holding onto the promise he'd made to his mother when she visited his dreams, was not yet prepared to follow. With @Opalia by his side following a sorrowful farewell to their father, he watched what was left of his family turn their tails on everything they'd fought for, and the pieces of the puzzle fell together into a horrifying picture.

When Blixen and the others were out of sight, he exhaled heavily through flared nostrils and fanned his dark ears back, defeated. He looked down at his remaining companion, sought to meet her mismatched gaze, and swallowed the emotion that threatened to swell in his throat. She was all he had left.

"You are the one true thing I know I can believe in." Dacio told his sister softly, reaching to bump the bridge of his snout to a pale cheek in a display of affection that was rare for either of the Drakru siblings. "While I am alive and my heart is beating, I will protect you." She already knew that, of course. He knew she'd do the same for him if ever she had to, but it felt right to say it out loud. Opalia had stood by his side through everything life threw at them, through every tragedy.

It was there she remained, even as Dacio lifted his head to look upon what was once their home one last time, and turned to lead the way toward an uncertain future.
"Trigedasleng" "common"