Heron Lake Plateau (futuristic space music)
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yeah no problem!

There were a few scents drifting Quixote's way from Rye -- along with blood -- which did make the alpha a bit unhappy.  At the distance they were at he wasn't entirely sure but... Still.  He could make a few guesses, to varying degrees of awfulness.  Some really would result in him getting driven out of the pack, so for Rye's sake, it had better be the most lame of the bunch.  And then there was Owen, who though he was an adult in the ranks, still didn't have enough worldly experience to know what was going on.  And in all honesty Qui wasn't entirely ready for his kids to be adults -- time had gone by way too quick and Raven would probably be way better at the potential impending conversation than him.  It probably meant that she'd have to sit down with the girls and give them a similar talk, though.  No way he was opting in to that one unless he had to.

Now Quixote was sitting at the middle of a crossroads -- the collision point of two super awkward conversations and he was just the pinnacle of clearheaded and thoughtful right now.  Ooh boy.

[Image: 0Fb5i61.gif]

Okay, time to break this down into manageable bites.  Shove any stray feelings in a box and deal with it later -- he needed rationality.  Step one, Owen was closest to him at this point, Hey, nope I haven't.  And you shouldn't for a little while either -- tell you why in a bit.  Still, he was glad to see his son.  Even if dear lord he didn't want to have that conversation.  Though Owen had been better at not going full on conspiracy theorist as of late, Qui would have to make sure he didn't end up making the boy think women were aliens or something.

Step two.  Rye, part one.  First, to Owen to answer his rather-too-loud aside, I'm not entirely sure.  But we'll sort it out.  Do you know what plants your mom uses for wounds?  We may need some of them, but I'll need a closer look first.  C'mon.  If he did, that'd be a great excuse to shoo him away for a few minutes if he had to.

Rye, part two.  Quixote walked forward, probably with Owen in tow.  He honed his attention in on Rye, though, wishing he could properly telepathically communicate so that he could keep Owen out of any particularly questionable parts, Rye. This is my son, Owen. I see you got into a fight? Eyebrow raise.  Hopefully Quixote made it obvious that he had an idea of what probably happened.  That he didn't need every detail -- and didn't need his son to know every detail either at this point, yeesh. But then, a pointed look at the injury, Should probably get that cleaned up.  Lake or river's your best bet, take your pick.
Messages In This Thread
(futuristic space music) - by Quixote - April 06, 2019, 11:51 PM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Rye - April 07, 2019, 01:58 AM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Owen - April 10, 2019, 02:03 AM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Quixote - April 11, 2019, 12:53 AM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Rye - April 11, 2019, 11:34 AM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Owen - April 16, 2019, 03:05 AM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Quixote - April 24, 2019, 01:38 AM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Rye - May 02, 2019, 11:44 AM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Owen - May 16, 2019, 02:47 AM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Quixote - June 11, 2019, 01:40 AM
RE: (futuristic space music) - by Rye - June 16, 2019, 04:10 AM