Lost Creek Hollow find a girl, settle down
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey had gone through a lot with her kids--things that all mothers had to experience as well as things that were unique to her and the children she'd been given. Through it all, there was one thing that she considered to be the absolute worst part of being a mother. It wasn't watching them leave her when they were grown, and it wasn't nearly splitting her body in half trying to bring them into the world.

It was weaning.

Liffey saw the look on Sionnach's face and knew as her little one came toddling up that the tantrum was coming. She laid quietly as the girl tugged at her, shut her eyes eyes she stormed off, and kept them closed as she heard the pup's little returning pawsteps. When round two failed, the tantrum came. Only then did the mother lift her head and go to her little one, feeling miserable.

It wasn't that she was annoyed with the temper tantrums or frustrated by their constant attempts to keep feeding from her. It was that her body shut down on them and she no longer could. It was the guilt she felt over not being able to provide them every little thing they asked of her that she couldn't bear.

"Shhh, it's okay, baby," she cooed as she sat down beside the toddler and pulled her close, "Your father will be here soon and will be able to feed you then. I'm sorry..." Liffey looked mournfully down at her daughter, feeling close to tears herself.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
find a girl, settle down - by Sionnach - April 20, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: find a girl, settle down - by Liffey - April 20, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: find a girl, settle down - by Sionnach - April 20, 2019, 12:01 PM
RE: find a girl, settle down - by Liffey - April 20, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: find a girl, settle down - by Sionnach - April 20, 2019, 12:33 PM
RE: find a girl, settle down - by Liffey - April 20, 2019, 12:41 PM
RE: find a girl, settle down - by Sionnach - April 20, 2019, 12:48 PM
RE: find a girl, settle down - by Liffey - April 21, 2019, 07:19 AM
RE: find a girl, settle down - by Sionnach - April 21, 2019, 10:57 AM
RE: find a girl, settle down - by Liffey - April 27, 2019, 07:25 AM