The Heartwood Oh, hey mom. I had the craziest dream! I was the unicorn wizard.
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
fade this out? <3

She shakes her head at the first question, looking a little sad. I haven't seen him, no, Megara responds. And I haven't thought to ask Midar. They always seemed so close; I suppose I am afraid of the answer. . . Gods help the young man if his littermate is with the Void. Losing siblings tended to be excruciating—

But then there is Moath, and she gives a wry grimace in reply, quietly pensive for a long moment.

As well as he can, she finally says, shrugging. I must admit, I cannot keep proper track of him, not with everything that has happened here. I hope nothing terrible has gotten past me. It is all too likely, though, that she has missed red flags, warning signs. That has always been the way of her savage son.

Suddenly overwhelmed, she slows to pad beside Malcanthet, moving to brush her shoulder against his. Praise Mephala you are here, Megara whispers fervently, eyes full of love as she looks at her boy. Wolves like Malcanthet make the Moaths of the world much easier to deal with, after all.