Stone Circle everywhere i turned, the doors were closed
120 Posts
Ooc —
they were accepted. it was among the better news that marten had heard in his life, although he had remained optimistic in most aspects throughout everything. realistic, if anything. he was glad he would not have to take matters into his own paws, for as confident as he was, marten was not so stupid to think he could single handedly take on all that needed to be done, and he was loathsome to ask indra for help. after all, it was him who had promised to help her. but he would've done it. willingly. 

he dipped his head low, graciously.

marten watched valette carefully at the mention of more family. the notion that valette was his aunt was... familiar, maybe, to the pale yearling, but he hadn't really put the pieces together. xan was family, maybe, but the man was not to him what indra was. what, even, laurel was, despite the strain they had. love was perhaps not a familiar name, marten wracked his brain for a few moments to remember it, though nothing really came about. he looked to indra, briefly, as she began to speak, and then said, "you can get her, i'll stay with valette, mama." 

so he turned to valette, if indra left right away, and jumped right into questions. "how much family?" he asked, and then, "is xan here, too -- or my sister, nunataq?" it was nearby the hollow, after all. if they hadn't stayed there then maybe they travelled next door. he didn't ask when indra was around, he didn't want to hurt her feelings. he'd always admit that indra was the only family he'd ever need, but he was still marten. a soft, sweet boy who welcomed any and all into his life. mature beyond his years, he hadn't been babied from the cruelties of the world, but he was still young. and the thought of more was... appealing.
Messages In This Thread
RE: everywhere i turned, the doors were closed - by Marten - May 12, 2019, 06:07 PM