Sun Mote Copse I'll be resting my eyes
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Gonna assume someone sent up a call because I’ll be d a m n e d if I miss out on this one. PPing Quixote with Jennifer’s permission!

The call came across the miles faded and garbled by distance, and some of its meaning was lost along the way, but the most important part was clear: Wildfire needed her. That was one call she would always answer, no hesitation, no questions asked. Already nearly a month pregnant, she didn’t move as fast as she normally could, but she still set a good pace as she ran down the slope of the plateau and out into the plains beyond. Along the way, she had picked up Quixote’s trail and after a brief detour to intercept him, she continued onward accompanied by her mate.

It didn’t take long to get there. Something in Raven told her that time was of the essence. It wasn’t anything she consciously thought about, it was just a nagging little instinct that guided her to keep moving fast and so she did, leading the way as Qui ran beside her. He asked what was up, to which all she could reply was, ”I don’t know.” The bond the two sisters shared was inexplicable in that sort of way, and while Raven had no idea why she felt such an urgent need to get there with haste, she just knew that she had to.

They arrived breathless and a little footsore, managing to find their way to where a small group of wolves had gathered. There were several familiar faces there, but Raven had no time for them — Wildfire lay there at the mouth of her den, so frail and drained Ray nearly didn’t recognize her. The black alpha was so startled by the difference in her sister’s appearance that she stopped dead and stared for the space of a few seconds, her mouth falling open in a small “o”.

Wifi had come to her just recently, just as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as she ever was. They had talked about how great life was, gushed about children both present and expected, shared some laughs. Everything had been fine. Normal. Wifi had asked her about the lump on her throat and while Raven had expressed some concern for it, there had been no immediate cause for panic or anything. Now here her sister lay, clearly dying. What was happening? Why was this happening?

She approached Wildfire — the only littermate she had left — and sank down by her side, feeling nauseated and dizzy. Her insides felt cold, shaky and watery as she ever so gently touched her sister’s cheek with her nose. There was so much she wanted to say, so many questions she needed answers to, and yet in that moment she could find no words but, ”Oh, Wifi.”
Messages In This Thread
I'll be resting my eyes - by Wildfire - May 20, 2019, 11:00 AM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Weejay - May 20, 2019, 07:14 PM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Eljay - May 21, 2019, 08:03 AM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Merlin - May 21, 2019, 04:54 PM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Wildfire - May 21, 2019, 05:15 PM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Weejay - May 21, 2019, 06:20 PM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Eljay - May 21, 2019, 07:58 PM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Merlin - May 22, 2019, 04:01 AM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Finley - May 22, 2019, 08:18 PM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Elwood - May 22, 2019, 09:27 PM
RE: I'll be resting my eyes - by Wildfire - May 22, 2019, 09:56 PM