Golden Glade and the bleak, cold breath of her still haunts me
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
She nodded in agreement with his comment on the timing of things. It really couldn't have been worse, though there was no way Towhee and Phox could have foreseen Wildfire's death. The whole subject of them moving still rankled and twisted inside her, but she was forcing herself to stay level-headed and calm about it for all of their sakes. The last thing she wanted, the last thing any of them needed, was a rift in the family on top of everything else. If keeping the peace and facilitating everyone's happiness meant swallowing her own feelings and putting on a happy face, she could do that. It most definitely wouldn't be the first time.

"You're always here for me," she replied tenderly, her gaze finding his for a moment as she kissed his cheek. "Just know that I'm here for you too. Always." Because Qui was the king of the world of emotional baggage and repression, and she always wanted to make it very clear that he didn't have to carry that weight alone.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and the bleak, cold breath of her still haunts me - by Raven - July 17, 2019, 09:08 PM