Heron Lake Plateau they escaped the weight of the darkness
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey still couldn't believe that Wisteria had returned to their lives like this. She was overjoyed, of course, for her return. She was certainly changed and needed the care of a pack to bring her back to the level of health the doting mother required for her children, but she was still her little Wisp, alive and safe and right back where she belonged.

But there was a somewhat souring aspect of this that Liffey tried her best to not dwell on. The constellation she and Rannoch had picked out in the sky for Wisp was a bird whose wingtip was connected to that of her sister's, Remi. She had been so certain that the pair had found each other and were together somewhere. In spite of everything that was wonderful about Wisp being returned to them, it broke her heart some to know that Wisp had been alone. Not only that, but that Remi was alone in the world somewhere too, even now.

Liffey feared it would break her to dwell on it, so she pushed it aside and did her best to remain in the present. And presently, they were about to embark upon something she felt in her heart was one of the greatest moves she had ever made in her life. Everything about this felt right to her, in spite of all she'd had to sacrifice for it (or that she'd had to make her loved ones sacrifice... they'd be happy in the end, she just knew it). So when Rannoch asked his question, all Liffey could do was smile and then toss her head back and call for their new packmates to come and say hello.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: they escaped the weight of the darkness - by Liffey - June 07, 2019, 06:41 PM
RE: they escaped the weight of the darkness - by Raven - June 10, 2019, 01:27 PM
RE: they escaped the weight of the darkness - by Eshe - June 16, 2019, 01:59 AM
RE: they escaped the weight of the darkness - by Eshe - June 30, 2019, 11:11 AM