Stone Circle I'm coming home, to the place where I belong
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
Please allow @Valette to reply first, then anyone can jump in.

Also, I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK!!

The sun had already set, and the moon, being at waxing crescent, offered little light. But, Steph didn't need light to lead her home. She knew where it was. Her jet black coat blended in nicely with the night, but her green eyes shone brightly as she came to a stop at the borders of Easthollow. She breathed in deeply, taking in all the scents that had been only in her dreams for months. Now, they were real. She was happy to realize that most of the scents were familiar. Mom was still here. And, thankfully, Greyback was, too. Steph, in the back of her mind, had feared he would leave Valette, like the others had. 

Her gaze scanned the trees before her as she took in the sight of her home. She had missed this place for so long, and she needed just a moment to make sure it was all really real. Her tail swayed side to side at her hocks. Yes, this was finally more than just in her head. It was before her. So close, she could touch it. 

Well, not yet, technically. While she wanted to run right in and she had every confidence her mother would allow her back in, she didn't want to waltz in with the scent of a lone wolf, and have someone she didn't know attack her. That wouldn't set a good first impression at all, on her part. 

So, she lifted her head back and called for Valette and the rest of her family. As her voice faded into the night, she stayed standing, dancing in place as her excitement boiled over. It had been months since she seen Valette, and waiting another few minutes seemed like forever. She let out several happy barks, knowing her mother would understand that Steph was excited to see her.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Messages In This Thread
I'm coming home, to the place where I belong - by Steph - June 08, 2019, 10:13 PM