Lone Star Mountain Stand in the rain
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He was numb to the information given. He knew he should break down, sob, scream his pain to the world but instead he just let the information sink deeply into his mind. "She shouldn't have run off to begin with" the cold words woke him up and he choked down a sob, eyes fierce and bright with pain as Minnow rushed toward the body of his dead wife. He slowly moved after her and lowering his muzzle, he tugged her back gently but firm enough to silently instruct her not to go forward again. "She won't wake up Minnow...She's not sleeping. This is death. We won't have her anymore" he couldn't avoid the topic any more but he tucked her against his body "I can't help you understand this right now. I can't make the pain go away for any of us. Nobody can...this is a lesson that everyone learns eventually" one day he'd tell her of all his loss, one day he would explain just how bad the world could be. Perhaps if they knew of the darkness they could protect themselves from it. "We need to go....We need to go see Dawn and then go home" tears dripped down his face as he began to pull away only to turn and move to Aliac's body. He slowly lowered himself to the ground and kissed the cold fur at the top of her head "You didnt belong here...you were too sweet, to nice. I hope you're somewhere painless" he whispered and pressed his face deep against her fur for just a few long moments before standing up. He looked to Serem "Would you mind if we stayed and helped buried her? Said goodbye?" he asked and then turned to look at Aeryn and Valiant, silently asking if that's what they wanted.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
Stand in the rain - by Serem - June 17, 2019, 08:58 PM
RE: Stand in the rain - by Sunny - June 18, 2019, 08:36 AM
RE: Stand in the rain - by Serem - June 18, 2019, 11:23 AM
RE: Stand in the rain - by Minnow - June 18, 2019, 04:45 PM
RE: Stand in the rain - by Sunny - June 19, 2019, 10:41 AM
RE: Stand in the rain - by Serem - June 19, 2019, 10:56 AM