Whitefish River Now daylight don't make it right
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He was surprised. That part was obvious. His jaw fell loose, and his eyes widened just slightly, as he processed what she had to say. He was quiet for a long moment, a moment longer than normal social constraints allowed. But this was no normal conversation.

Closing and opening his mouth, Emrik tried to wrestle with his emotions. How dare they! How dare he, whatever his name is! Who do they think they are! Finally, he understood the apprehension from Evergreen and Ira. “I…I…,” what was he supposed to say? Speedy was crying just a moment ago, her didn’t want to frighten her, or make her more upset. But HE was upset! Suddenly he couldn’t contain it. Jumping to his paws and shaking his head he couldn’t contain the shout. [b]“WHAT?!”

“Oh I’m sorry Speedy, I just can’t believe they didn’t take responsibility. They ran you out! That’s— I mean, I just can’t believe it.”Again he shook his head, and looked away for a moment, as if trying to comprehend something incomprehensible. “I mean you… YOU of all people.” Scoffing, Emrik hesitantly licked his lips, suddenly awkward. Looking at his paws, he continued, “I’m sorry you had to go through that. I’ll be sure to thank Evergreen and everyone else on your parents behalf. I’m sure they would like that.” Clipping his rambling, Emrik swallowed thickly.

“Wait! What do you mean you don’t deserve it?” Again the look of confusion shone in his eyes. “Speedy! Of course you deserve it. My god, Speedy you of all people deserve it.” He gave her a concerned, and caring smile, trying to meet her gaze.

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
Messages In This Thread
Now daylight don't make it right - by Speedy - June 26, 2019, 06:01 PM
RE: Now daylight don't make it right - by Emrik - June 26, 2019, 08:28 PM
RE: Now daylight don't make it right - by Speedy - June 27, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: Now daylight don't make it right - by Emrik - June 28, 2019, 09:59 PM
RE: Now daylight don't make it right - by Speedy - June 28, 2019, 10:48 PM
RE: Now daylight don't make it right - by Emrik - August 20, 2019, 07:14 PM
RE: Now daylight don't make it right - by Speedy - August 21, 2019, 12:21 AM