Hushed Willows Stealthy, like a ninja
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Joining 
Uhh, present dated? @Dakota @Dorea @Cortez @Sunny

She had had it up to here. She'd packed her stuff, of which there were little, and coached her little twins out the den. She was almost certain no one was up at this hour, the sun had barely awoken and the summer air was chilly. We're goin' on a lil' trip, alright? Mum's gonn' keep ya safe. She told her kids, knowing well that they probably still understood little of what she was saying.

Without notice, they went. The pack that she had been with for over a year, where she had birther, raised and lost her children, could no longer provide the solitude and strength she needed in her life. Without her friends and family, Swiftcurrent was just another pack. There wasn't even anyone to say goodbye to.

She moved coast-wards, towards the salty smell of what she knew home to be. They'd almost traveled all day, the twins taking turns being carried, wearing out their poor mother who just needed a pinch of luck. For once, luck came to her. She scented a pack, and it was almost like she hadn't been walking all day as a smile lit up her pointy face. Almost there, just try 'n keep up, okay? She said to D&D, rushing as best as she could towards the border. She threw her head back and howled for leadership, eyes wandering to the ground to see if her little daughters would join in, then waited patiently a comfortable distance from the border.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
46 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
She was starting to get a bit gangly and adventurous at this age. Which meant what her mother said was beyond thrilling. Trip was all she needed to hear before she awkwardly moved alongside with her small family. Granted she didn't really know why they were leaving the Creek or the comfortable den but that was okay. Maybe they were going hunting or Mum just wanted to show them something. It wasn't often she questioned the word of her mother.

Whenever it was her turn to be carried, she slept as best as she could in order to go bounding ahead with energy when it was her turn to walk again. Which explained how she energetically ran after her mother when she moved at a quick pace towards some scent. There was also no way she was being left out of the call. Her head tipped back as she attempted to mimic her mother's call with little success.

Once she had thrown in her two cents, her head whipped as she looked up towards her mother. The look on her face was pretty clear. What now?
141 Posts
Ooc —
Mind if I assume Sundance is with @Cortez? If not, let me know and I can change   :)

The silver cub padded quietly after his uncle as he weaved between their beloved willows, ever curious and eager to learn. His eyes, having begun soften from the stormy blue of infancy to a more pastel shade, followed the adult's movements and he did his best to maintain the pace that Cortez set for their patrol.

An unfamiliar voice was what drew them more swiftly toward Elysium's border, where Sundance fixed his stare to a dark-furred mother and her cubs. At once, the two girls held the young cherub's attention; his white-tipped tail twitched to life with fresh enthusiasm at the possibility of new playmates, though he made no move to approach. Instead, Sundance positioned himself in the background where he could peek shyly between Cortez' slender limbs to simply watch.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He had faith that everything would soon settle and things would be better in time for the festival. They had new alliance prospects and children to raise the best they could. He was certain that everyone would be okay but he felt empty even so. He missed the days that he would sneak in and sleep pressed against Aliac's back because she needed more warmth for the pups and herself and he was lonely. He missed how she would gaze at them like she was shocked she made them. He was incredibly lonely and he missed having someone familiar around. 

The summon brought him forward in a timely manner and he arrived, spotting Cortez and Sundance arriving as well. Neither said anything and he looked at the woman standing at their borders, a faint memory triggered at the sight of her. His eyes then fell to the twins at her legs and he assumed that she was here for a home or sanctuary. "Hello, I'm Sunny, this is Cortez, and that is Sundance. How can we help you?" he asked in a friendly tone as his demeanor softened and his tail swayed.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
totes, Rebel!

he'd been taking sundance around the willows on a little expedition, looking at the birds (and the abundance of new fledglings) when the call went up. we'll pick this up later, okay? cortez said, glancing down at his nephew. he was more than happy, though, to have the small, quiet child trail after him, and they arrived to find a woman and two children not much older than olive's brood standing at their border.

his nostrils flared and found swiftcurrent layering their pelts; he wondered why they had come. if seeking shelter, he worried a little for the state of affairs at the other pack. he'd liked kavik when they had met, and he hoped nothing terrible had happened to them. what if the bear had gone that way. . .?

cortez pushed the awful thought from his mind (for now) and gave the mother a smile, his eyes a silent echo of sunny's question.
11 Posts
Ooc —
Dakota Fearghal didn't really know a whole lot about life so far, all she needed was her mother Chusi and sister Dorea and that was what made her world turn. That and a full warm belly, food was always good to have. The little black and white pup was miffed why suddenly the place they used to live in wasn't home anymore. It was frustrating, this went against what normal had always been. She liked exploring this big open land but Dakota also liked their old residence. Chusi told her pups to keep up and Dakota shot her mother a look, pouting. 

Easy for you mom! You got long legs, Dakota thought as she enviously gazed at her mother. With every stride she made it was twice as many for little Dakota! 

"W - where are w - we even g - going, mommy?" Dakota asked, ears flat and tone demanding. Though she had a stutter, Dakota was no door mouse. She bumped into Dorea as she stopped, Dakota unceremoniously flopping onto her rump. Her mother was howling, making Dakota pin an ear at the loudness.

She saw strangers break through the treeline and introduce themselves. Dakota eyed them suspiciously, creeping around her mother to investigate these wolves. Dakota huffed indignantly. "W - we help o - ourselves!' She ducked back behind Chusi as if it would prove the point they were self sufficient, the puppy brooding. Children, god.
Moonglow
Zeta
378 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Cameo lol let me know if it’s not okay.

She found herself wandering a lot since they came back from their trip. She was curious as ever when she heard commotion happening at the border and she would investigate it like everything. She hid in a bush when she saw her dad knowing he might tell her to go back but she also noticed others.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
You'll see. She answered Dakota, a bit dismissive of her inquiry. She didn't know how one of her spawn could be a bit scared and jumpy, it certainly didn't come from her side. Maybe there'd been something wrong with the father, but she might never know for sure. She didn't plan on running into the many men that could've sired D&D again and silently prayed her daughters wouldn't get suspicious of the fact they didn't have a father nearby.

The man who approached her immediately felt familiar. His voice was deeper now, but she was certain she recognized him from somewhere. The other man didn't, so she probably didn't meet them at the same time. She shushed Dakota with a lick on her forehead and pushed herself a bit lower to appear submissive. Dakota, we do need help. She told her daughter, then turned to the many wolves that had come to greet them.

Hiya, I'm Chusi - Chusi Fearghal. Her trademark greeting with a smile was given. These two 're Dakota and Dorea. We've come from Swiftcurrent Creek seekin' a pretty permanent place ta stay. They probably would ask for an explanation as to why she left, but for now this was plenty. Maybe they didn't even have room for them. I'mma fighter 'n a scout - a pretty good fisher as well.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
46 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Perhaps Dorea followed by their mother's word too much. So when her sister gave protest against the strange man's offer and her mother correct Dakota, Dorea was quick to launch over to her sister's side. Pointy teeth attempted to grab onto an ear and give a gentle tug.

"Listen."

It would be her unspoken message for her sister before she looked up to their mother. Plenty of words flowed from her, some she understood and others she didn't. What she recognized the most was her name though. As if on cue, she puffed out her chest a bit (completely ignoring that there might be a reason her own mother didn't seem so prideful) when her name was announced.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny was a bit taken aback by the indignant protest, the girl stating that they cared for themselves. It was sad to hear such a thing from a child who was supposed to be helped and tended to but they didn't look poorly cared for at all so he just dismissed it as a kid being...well a kid. "Of course I'm sorry. I should have asked why you were here instead" he said kindly to the child and then lifted his gaze back up to the woman. She lowered herself and he instantly felt out of place, he hated it when people did that, acted like he was gonna pull rank and be a butt just because he was a leader.  It was then that he really caught her eyes and he blinked, the memory flashing as she announced her name. He smiled faintly and wondered what the chances were to run into so many old friendly faces in such a short time. The breeze blew the scent of his daughter to him and his gaze flicked to the bushes which he gave an amused look at and focused back on the situation. "We could use some more fighters and scouting is handy too since we have so many allies. We have a lot of children..but we can handle a few more i think. Cortez?" he turned to the man asking his opinion. He had a soft heart and while naturally he worried that food would become difficult to obtain and mantain he also figured her use outweighed any drawbacks. Besides....the kids were cute and maybe Minnow would have a new friend.

141 Posts
Ooc —
Neither of the girls seemed particularly interested in him, to which he was appropriately disappointed. Sundance's velvet ears fell back as he blinked sadly up at his uncle in search of some encouragement.

Sundance's pale eyes returned to the other youngsters as one piped up, stating she and her kin could take care of themselves. He simply continued to observe the trio from between Cortez' legs, focusing on the pups' mother as she shared that they were looking for a place to stay.

His hope returned, and his tail gave an excited little twitch at his rear as he shot his potential new playmates a winning smile.

73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
the girl's ferocity brought a smile to his face, though he quickly stifled it, knowing that she might take offense to the gesture. instead, he brought his eyes to the woman, listening to her story. it seemed promising enough, even with the extra two children. at sunny's query, he turned toward his co-leader, nodding gently in reply.

can't see why not, cortez drawled, letting his face relax into a grin once more. we'll pull some extra weight, but it's fine, especially if you're a warrior, he added, looking at chusi. we need some more of those. especially if the bear returns, he thought, a shiver running along his spine.

he shifted his paws, waiting for the conversation to continue. there was a lot at stake here for the young woman and he was out of cents to add. and that was perfectly fine for him.

you can skip me going forward!
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She wondered if Sunny recognized her too, or if he was always this friendly. She knew they weren't a particularly beneficial band to add to their ranks, but if her daughters were anything like her when she was younger they would want to grow and contribute themselves with the coming months. They were already so much bigger than how Chusi had put them on the earth, developing themselves in the mess their mum made. She couldn't blame Eilonwy and Kubo for leaving her - she was a mess and a magnet for trouble, but she wanted to be better. That's why she was here, bowing again and swearing her loyalty.

'n ya two won't be any trouble, now will ya? She smiled to her daughters, hoping a particular twin wouldn't be as feisty as just moments ago. Thank ya so much - 'Didn't know where ta go, but I'm glad I ended up here. I'll work hard, promise. She was wondering who the allies they spoke of were, but she was certain all her questions would be answered before long. For now, she just wanted somewhere Dakota and Dorea felt safe and happy, and it sounded like they'd have a lot of playmates in this pack.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
11 Posts
Ooc —
When Dorea pulled her ear, it made Dakota squawk out indignantly at being nipped. The pup seemed to care little she might be making her mother look bad, instead pointing a turquoise glare upon her sister. Teeth bared, she pounced on her sister to nip her back because children were spiteful little shits sometimes.

It was in that moment Chusi decided to ask if they would be any trouble. Dakota wrestled Dorea to the ground, yapping incessantly at her. She stopped mid fight to face Chusi, not really sure if she would be punished or not. So it was kind of awkward to promise that when you had your sister pinned with your paw pressed into their mouth and tail stuck between your teeth. Dakota huffed at her mother and the other wolves from where she sat upon Dorea.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He watched the two girls tussle with amused eyes and looked to Chusi, a grin breaking his calm smile into more of a joking expression. They had many pups here but also many adults and a warrior would be useful, especially when he was beginning to think that taking a more offensive stance to protecting themselves was the way to go. "Im sure they'll be fine here. Come on in, get settled and rested. If you need anything I'm usually around" he stepped back his tail wagging and looked to Cortez, hoping his decision would be agreed upon.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her ears flattened in embarrassment when her daughters acted up yet again, but she smiled either way. Kids would be kids, she supposed, and she'd rather have them playful than lost. Thank ya again - both of ya. She dipped her head kindly then motioned for her daughters to follow her. They could help find a spot for their new den, if they'd like
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
141 Posts
Ooc —
He failed to observe this exchange between adults, for he was so focused on the two girls. Sundance, lonely despite the proximity of his two brothers and barely knowing the other Cubs born to Elysium, had longed for a suitable playmate; his little heart soared as one moved to tackle the other to the ground.

The silver boy practically vibrates as he struggled to contain his excitement, and lifted his pale gaze to seek his uncle's face - silently asking for permission to join in on this rough and tumble. Cortez' attention was elsewhere, however, seemingly concluding matters, and he felt a little deflated as the pups' mother ushered them away.

They were here to stay, however, so Sundance padded after his guardian with the hope of another encounter soon.