Sunspire Mountains Homeward Bound
11 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The little pup was out of here, this place was snoozeville man. It wasn't home and she sure as hell wasn't going to plant her roots here. If Dorea and Chusi wanted to waste their time then so be it but she would not be apart of this relocation plan full of weird smelling wolves and new surroundings. Did Dakota even remember where she came from? Dumb question, dear reader, of course the child with the attention span of a common household goldfish remembered where she was born! How dare you think otherwise!

Dakota who was colored like a border collie on steroids pushed her way through the tall grass, black nose to the ground as she tried retracing the way she and her family had come to get to Elysium. There were so many smells and Dakota made a face at it all, scoffing when the trail kept branching off in multiple directions. This was stupid, Dakota looked to and fro, scampering her way up a log slanted in the air to stand at its edge like she was from The Lion King. Everything looked the same! Dakota growled out her frustration, the puppy glaring at nothing in particular.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Mountains had always been in the background and Sarah had never paid much attention to them. Up until that one fateful day, when she happened to be hunting close enough to the Sunspire range to hear the sweet voice of temptation and promise. She listened, while her eyes carefully traced the outline of the cliffs, observed scarce greenery, the winding, rocky paths that led upwards and the distant, snow covered peaks hiding behind thick clouds and teasing the onlooker, through the cover. 

Then with a determination of a person, who has planned to do this all along, she began to climb. Two days down the road - Sarah was still walking the labyrinth of paths, knowing well that she was hopelessly lost, but surprisingly not feeling very worried about it. Then again there was not much self-preservation instinct left in her, even if she had managed to piece her life together in the past months and found few little reasons to hang on in this world for a while. Danger did not scare her, but hunger was good at reminding her that there were still needs she needed to fulfill, even if she did not fear death. 

Few lemings could scarcely satisfy her hunger, however, something bigger, black-and-white and moving caught her eyes and she drew closer. Much to her disappointment it turned out to be yet another useless brat. For a moment there her practical mind toyed with the idea of having this monkey for lunch, but she kicked that idea hard and it crawled back in the dark recesses of her mind, wailing and weeping. The kid's mom was probably around somewhere, but Sarah did have some concerns about a puppy being alone in such high altitude. "Shouldn't you be playing on a safer turf?" she asked, approaching slowly and not expecting any sensible answer.
11 Posts
Ooc —
Dakota hadn't smelled or heard the stranger coming and so when a voice reached her small ears the puppy was so startled she fell unceremoniously from her delicate perch. She twisted mid air and landed in a heap on the cluster of bracken and brambles below. Huffing, she glared at the wolfess and Dakota found her feet, bristling. 

"Ssshouldn't you mmmind your own bbbusiness?" Dakota quipped at the stranger, unafraid as she narrowed her blue eyes. "I'm going hhhome," she declared, climbing back on the log so she could boldly meet the eyes of this female. Her head lifted high, the pup would not be cowed.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
The kid had guts - how amusing. Sarah smirked in response to the kid's snarky answer, which was supposed to sound brave and witty, but was plain silly in her eyes. The black and white cotton-ball did not even realize that she was rather lucky to meet her and not someone very hungry and no appreciation of jokes. 

She sat down and watched the pup the same way boa constrictor regards it's lunch. "And which way that may be?" she asked. "I bet you don't even know, where that is."
11 Posts
Ooc —
[Oof sorry, idk how I missed this message]

Dakota definitely knew her way home, yep, there was no doubt about that. The puppy showed no signs of being afraid of the stranger, even if all directions of logic said she should be. Dakota was fearless and spunky, that was probably a bad thing if you lived in the wild in all honesty. Natural selection and all that jazz. "Wwwatchh me! I know wwwhere hhhome is!" Dakota challenged, scooting herself off the log to march off into a unspecified direction north. Home was this way. Maybe. Who hecking knows.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Of course, you do," Sarah said in a sugary sweet voice of a condescending adult and let the little brat march off quite far, before she decided to clear her voice and called after her. "Just watch out of bears, Goldilocks! I saw one just around the corner," she let these news sink in, then got up and prepared to leave. In a different direction. Any direction, except the one that the kid had taken. She was just as lost in the mountains as that girl was, but had the common sense of not boasting about it.