Redhawk Caldera if he was something special, i wouldn't have this song.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 

It was so strange to see the place to empty.

Liffey felt a flood of emotions as she stood on one of the territory's slopes, her fire-eyed gaze sweeping slowly across the Caldera stretched below. She knew her family had abandoned the place of her birth long ago, something she had done years before even that. Still, she hadn't expected the emptiness of the place to be so strange to her. So... sad.

The alpha had always considered only the bad memories of her childhood here. Fighting with her mother, suffering that terrible Winter, being annoyed and jealous of the Redhawk pups that had been forced on them when her aunt had died. But being here now, her mind was filled with good memories. Hunting with her dad, playing with Gannet, catching bugs with Lagan and bringing them to Eljay to try and make him smile. A lump rose in her throat as she thought of those things and as she wondered how she had overlooked them for so long.

Shaking her head lightly, Liffey got up and began to move again, down through the sweeping golden grasses towards the lake in the center of the Caldera while the stars glittered overhead. Another memory had come to her, one she had long forgotten. And in spite of knowing it might overcome her, she wanted to revisit it while she had the opportunity.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Loner
679 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
So her sister was near the ocean, looking for her it seemed. Serem couldn’t let that happen, if she was around maybe her brother was as well and that thought scared her. Hashut wasn’t the one she feared however, it was Nightfire the main reason for her torment.

She saw a wolf out here n the distance and let out a low chuff to make her presence known As she trekked forward.
”Common” "Spanish"
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey's ears swiveled as she heard the chuff and froze. Apparently the Caldera was not quite as empty as she'd thought it was. Turning, her gaze shifted until she spotted the stranger approaching. It wasn't anyone she recognized, but nor did it appear to be someone who posed any sort of threat. She shifted her posture into one of neutrality and gave a friendly smile as the stranger came near.

"Hello," she said, her tail waving faintly. She was curious about the other female, but kept any questions to herself for now. It seemed as though she had some intention already, so Liffey waited to hear it instead of trying to direct the interaction herself.
~•~
Loner
679 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She he smelt traces of a pack that used to roam the lands as well as heard word of it in passing; however she hadn’t noticed the other individual until she spoke up with a greeting. Serem turned around and noticed the grey wolf in front of her and gave a soft smile in return. “Hi, I didn’t know anyone was here.”
”Common” "Spanish"
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The greeting she received was a friendly enough one, which Liffey was thankful for. She had always been less than stellar at social interactions. The recent changes in her life had put her in a place where she was starting to feel comfortable in her own skin, which had affected the way she carried herself and felt even outside of her pack. Still, she always felt that initial twinge of anxiety when it came to meeting strangers that persisted until she was able to discover their intentions.

"Me neither, actually," Liffey countered with a smile, "I actually live on the other side of the mountains to the West. I grew up here, though, in this territory. So I thought I'd come visit." She looked at curiously at the stranger, leaving space for her to say why she was here and tell a bit of her own story.
~•~
Loner
679 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She was just visiting; same as her. The female stated that she grew up in the territory and then it hit her, the war that happened sometime last year. She was glad not to be a part of it. “It’s always nice to visit ones home.” Well it wasn’t nice for her at least, it had been a terrible experience. “My name is serem.”
”Common” "Spanish"
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey nodded, pleased that the stranger understood her sentiment while also beginning to wonder about her. Where did this woman call home? She kept the question to herself for the moment, simply smiling as they came to the introductions portion of their encounter.

"I'm Liffey. It's nice to meet you," she said. She paused then for a beat, wondering if what she was inclined to do would be regarded as strange or awkward. It took her only a few seconds to remind herself to quit worrying about things like that and ask, "I'm headed to one of my favorite spots in the territory--the lake in the center of the Caldera. I used to go there to stargaze when I was little. Would you like to accompany me?"
~•~
Loner
679 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She hadn’t even noticed the time as she had been speaking with the female. She then mentioned a spot that she used for stargazing and she softly smiled. “That sounds like a nice thing to see.” She might as well enjoy the pleasantries of life before having to return to the wood in which trees nearly covered the entire sky. If nothing more was said here, she would follow the woman towards the lake she had spoken about.
”Common” "Spanish"
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Her companion accepted the offer, bringing a smile to Liffey's face. With a gesture of her muzzle, Liffey began to trot down the gentle slopes towards the lake in the center of the Caldera. It was not too long a trip, but every step brought more waves of nostalgia rushing over her. Everywhere she looked was another piece of her childhood, another memory of growing up here with her family. And again, she was struck by how many of those memories were actually good.

None of those waves were quite like the one she felt as they approached the shoreline, which was by far the strongest of all. She took a moment to gaze out across the water before she lead them a little further down the shoreline where a large, flat rock stretched a few feet out into the water. It was here Liffey finally settled onto her haunches and turned to her companion, who I assume stuck with her the whole time.

"Here we are! On a clear night, calm night, you can see the stars in the sky and reflected in the lake," Liffey explained, turning her eyes down to see if that was the case tonight. There was a slight breeze that evening, but you could still see the stars reflecting somewhat in the ripples that cracked the water's surface. The sky itself though was plenty clear for what she had in mind, so it was of little consequence.
~•~
Loner
679 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
Sorry for letting this sit so long! And apologies of this is short.

She got a smile from the other after giving her response and Serem gave one of her own and followed the she wolf.They approached a lake and she saw what the other had been talking about. “Is there anything you can tell me about the stars?” She asked simply.
”Common” "Spanish"